Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Delaware; vacation there, from PA

Live in PA and have had a carry permit for years.
    Visiting Delaware and recall the last time we vacationed there I had a "discussion" with a deputy on the boardwalk. Anyhow...
    Anyone reading this live in Delaware and know the climate for reciprocation?
    Sometimes the "legal" aspect is NOT what the local police/authorities appreciate.

Sgt Steve

(Armstrong County)

Default Re: Delaware; vacation there, from PA

No reciprocity!! Did work and carried concealed on my Utah permit.

Just follow the link, click on PA, answer resident and it will show all states in blue that have reciprocity with PA. If you have another non-resident permit in another state, click on it with the PA map up. It adds the additional states that the permit with PA gets you. http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_ca...city_maps.html
    Last edited by Big Dog; May 27th, 2013 at 09:56 PM.
    The original point and click interface was a Colt Peacemaker!

(Lancaster County)

I'm looking at getting a nonresident license from Maine to cover DE. Anyone get one recently?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Montgomery County)

According to the sited mentioned above, Maine will not give you access to DE

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mango View Post
    According to the sited mentioned above, Maine will not give you access to DE
    I beg to differ .............. the states listed after configuring is only for the resident state. When you add the state of non-residency they do not list the added states BUT do show on the map ............... see attached pic and Delaware circled. If you want to find out on non-residency just clear the map, select the state and choose NON-RESIDENT.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Big Dog; May 28th, 2013 at 09:38 AM.
    The original point and click interface was a Colt Peacemaker!

(Chester County)

[QUOTE=Big Dog;2409684]I beg to differ .............. the states listed after configuring is only for the resident state. When you add the state of non-residency they do not list the added states BUT do show on the map ............... see attached pic and Delaware circled. If you want to find out on non-residency just clear the map, select the state and choose NON-RESIDENT.[/QUOTE

The map changed for me when I selected first, just PA and then added Utah
    and the written list changed also:
    PA resident only: 30 accepts/ 27 not honored
    PA resident & Utah: 36 accepts / 22 not honored

Just like pa though, no license is needed to open carry and you can carry in a vehicle too without a license as long as the firearm is in the open, just stay out of Dover city
    Nra, SAF, NJ2AS, GOA member

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    I beg to differ .............. the states listed after configuring is only for the resident state. When you add the state of non-residency they do not list the added states BUT do show on the map ............... see attached pic and Delaware circled. If you want to find out on non-residency just clear the map, select the state and choose NON-RESIDENT.
    I cleared the map and added Maine as a non resident and Delaware was still red.

On a side note, one of the reasons Delaware does not have a recip agreement with PA (their neighbor) is that they only accept permits/have agreements with states that "require proof of training in firearms safety as a part of their licensing process"...and we don't do that here.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mango View Post
    I cleared the map and added Maine as a non resident and Delaware was still red.
    I added Maine as a nonresident and it worked, but it's VERY hard to see because it's touching Maryland which is red.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast