Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default No holster carry?

So I am ordering a holster today. I think either a simply rugged Cumberland or a crossbreed super tuck. They may take weeks to arrive. Would it be irresponsible to carry my firearm tucked into the back of my pants in the meantime? Other than being uncomfortable what harm could it due if I keep the gun unchambered?
    "Governments... derive their just powers from the consent of the governed."

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: No holster carry?

Quote Originally Posted by RaggedEdge View Post
    So I am ordering a holster today. I think either a simply rugged Cumberland or a crossbreed super tuck. They may take weeks to arrive. Would it be irresponsible to carry my firearm tucked into the back of my pants in the meantime? Other than being uncomfortable what harm could it due if I keep the gun unchambered?
    I wouldn't carry that way. It is a good way to lose or damage your firearm.
    "Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'" -unknown

(Beaver County)

Not trying to be a dick...

Have some respect for your gun. Think of what you'd be doing to the finish. Do you really think your gun wants to get gummed up with ass funk?

Now look at it from this angle. Suppose you are in a situation where you need your firearm right effing now. You reach back, move your shirt, and yank into a snag. Fiddling with said snag, you've now lost the precious seconds you needed to chamber a round. Holsters do more than hold your gun. They help give you a clear and secure draw (hopefully snag free!) Holsters keep your firearm secure as you move. Many things to think about.

Just my opinion, of course.

Mexican carry=Fail.
    Proud to be a Longwall pig...

(Northampton County)

You can get a junk IWB holster at a local place for $10. I would do that before carrying Mexican.

(York County)

Step up and spend a few bucks for a cheap nylon holster while you wait. Something from Uncle Mikes, they're affordable, or maybe a clipdraw retention device. Gangsta carry is stupid and just asking for trouble.

(Beaver County)

What do you plan on carrying? I may have a holster to hold you over. I've bought/sold a bunch of guns, but the holsters never disappear
    Proud to be a Longwall pig...

(Allegheny County)

Unless its a pocket auto like a LCP I will add that a cheap nylon holster is the best bet until a quality one arrives.

If you do carry in your pocket I would only do it unchambered.

In the waistband Mexican style is asking to loose your firearm or make a fool out of your self when it falls out of your pants.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by BestDefense=StrongOffense View Post
    Not trying to be a dick...

Have some respect for your gun. Think of what you'd be doing to the finish. Do you really think your gun wants to get gummed up with ass funk?

Now look at it from this angle. Suppose you are in a situation where you need your firearm right effing now. You reach back, move your shirt, and yank into a snag. Fiddling with said snag, you've now lost the precious seconds you needed to chamber a round. Holsters do more than hold your gun. They help give you a clear and secure draw (hopefully snag free!) Holsters keep your firearm secure as you move. Many things to think about.

Just my opinion, of course.

Mexican carry=Fail.
    I don't disagree with a word you said. Only I'm thinking if I did need my firearm, and I flat out dont have anything but my LTCF in my wallet that's not gonna help much.
    That whole situation in London has disturbed me. I'd hate to try and take my pocket knife against a meat cleaver.
    Ok I'm off to LGS to see what cheapies they have in stock for my sig.
    "Governments... derive their just powers from the consent of the governed."

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    Unless its a pocket auto like a LCP I will add that a cheap nylon holster is the best bet until a quality one arrives.

If you do carry in your pocket I would only do it unchambered.

In the waistband Mexican style is asking to loose your firearm or make a fool out of your self when it falls out of your pants.
    I would also add that it could lead to you getting the cops called on you and getting hassled if someone saw you drop it and then trying to re-secure it. I know I would be on high alert if I saw someone carrying without a holster and then they dropped it. I can only imagine what would be going through the head of the sheeple out there.

ETA:

I don't disagree with a word you said. Only I'm thinking if I did need my firearm, and I flat out dont have anything but my LTCF in my wallet that's not gonna help much.
    That whole situation in London has disturbed me. I'd hate to try and take my pocket knife against a meat cleaver.
    Ok I'm off to LGS to see what cheapies they have in stock for my sig.
    I am sure Anthony arms out by century 3 mall will have some leather Don Hume holsters that are pretty nice. I don't usually use them to carry but I have in the past and they work well. I use them mostly for when I have my handgun in a bag or backpack or something like that so the trigger is covered up and the gun is protected some.
    Last edited by Himni; May 24th, 2013 at 01:41 PM.
    "Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'" -unknown

(Dauphin County)

I wouldn't do it due to the risk of it slipping out and falling, but that's just me.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast