Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Suppressor Info, Lehich Co. specific

So I am thinking about how to spend some money, and the possibility of a suppressor keeps coming to mind. I've got a couple of .22s that would take one with no modifications, and another that might need some work or a new barrel. In reading up on the procedure, I need to find a Class 3 dealer who will handle it for me, but even before that, I need to get the local sheriff to sign my form for me, and hence the question.

Is anyone here living in Lehigh Co. and gotten the sheriff to sign the form, or will he give me a hard time, maybe even flat out refuse? Second, and Class 3 dealers around who do this stuff?

Thanks.

Default Re: Suppressor Info, Lehich Co. specific

Okay, being the impatient sort, I couldn't wait, so I called the sheriff's office and told them I was, uhhh, PA Patriot! No, not really, I told them I was Gary in PA! Actually, I didn't tell them who I was at all. They already know that from the black helicopter that keeps flying around my house. But seriously...

The whole process seems to be fairly straightforward, and I only had one major hurdle to overcome - Mrs. Plinker. But when I called her to tell her of the research I had done, she said go for it! Of course, she is of the opinion that I am going to become a "person of interest" to all sorts of agencies. Mebbe so, but I am already interesting, so I am not worried.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    Okay, being the impatient sort, I couldn't wait, so I called the sheriff's office and told them I was, uhhh, PA Patriot! No, not really, I told them I was Gary in PA! Actually, I didn't tell them who I was at all. They already know that from the black helicopter that keeps flying around my house. But seriously...

The whole process seems to be fairly straightforward, and I only had one major hurdle to overcome - Mrs. Plinker. But when I called her to tell her of the research I had done, she said go for it! Of course, she is of the opinion that I am going to become a "person of interest" to all sorts of agencies. Mebbe so, but I am already interesting, so I am not worried.
    Just tell her its a requirement for the Brandy Assassination Certification and you'll be fine

(Northampton County)

Cool! Have fun with the purchase!

I have an SWR Warlock that I happen to love for .22 .... I am told that the SWR Spectre is even quieter. It is also more versatile.

Ammo selection will make a big difference in the amount of dB reduction you get but even CCI Mags are fairly quiet through my Warlock. I have been using Aguila subsonics and actually giggle every time I shoot it. Quieter than my pellet guns.

Not sure what your budget is but you can't go wrong with either of the two.

The process is very straight forward. First time is a little daunting (did I do this right? Did I do that right? Is the sheriff going to sign?) but it truly is a piece of cake. Hardest part is getting your prints done. Actually, being patient was the hardest part for me - the days don't tick by fast enough while you wait.

Anyway - if you have questions let us know. And I will warn you now ... it WILL be the beginning of a serious addiction. It was for me at least

Thanks for the reply Stack. I am sending you a PM.

(Northampton County)

No problem - I'm far from an expert on the subject but have done quite a bit of research (and the guys here have given me some good advice)

standing by for PM.