Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Satisfy AZ Education Requirement?

Ok, after much poking around, I was unable to find anything really solid.... I recently accepted a position in DE and want to be able to CC when I go to work and am down there on business. (I might end up living there, but that'll be a later thread if that happens)

All that being said, I would like to get my AZ CCW Permit...What is required for the education component? What sort of things qualify to fill these requirements?

Default Re: Satisfy AZ Education Requirement?

AZ education requirements are pretty easy to meet, chances are you already have the required education - hunter's safety course or any NRA firearms safety/training course, for example. Here's the link to the revised statutes and the section relevant to your question.

http://www.azdps.gov/Links/ARS/?l=13/03112.htm

N. An applicant shall demonstrate competence with a firearm through any of the following:

1. Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class that is available to the general public, that is offered by a law enforcement agency, a junior college, a college or a private or public institution, academy, organization or firearms training school and that is approved by the department of public safety or that uses instructors who are certified by the national rifle association.

2. Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Arizona game and fish department or a similar agency of another state.

3. Completion of any national rifle association firearms safety or training course.

4. Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class that is offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies or other divisions or subdivisions of law enforcement or security enforcement and that is approved by the department of public safety.

5. Evidence of current military service or proof of honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions from the United States armed forces.

6. A valid current or expired concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state and that has a training or testing requirement for initial issuance.

7. Completion of any governmental police agency firearms training course and qualification to carry a firearm in the course of normal police duties.

8. Completion of any other firearms safety or training course or class that is conducted by a department of public safety approved or national rifle association certified firearms instructor.

(Washington County)

I used my 1967 Hunters Safety Card from NJ. I called AZ and they said no problem just send a copy of it.

(Berks County)

Fantastic! Thanks so much for the info...

Quote Originally Posted by BloodClensedSoul View Post
    (I might end up living there, but that'll be a later thread if that happens)
    ?
    If you could say just inside PA, do so. We are getting really fucked up here. Our CCDW (LTCF) process is a pain in the ass. You'll need 5 references from the county you reside in. Being new to the State, they'll jerk you around. Once you make DE your home, AZ will NO longer be valid (in DEL for DEL resident).

(Montgomery County)

Sorry for not seeing this thread sooner. I just received my AZ permit last week and, for the education requirement, I sent a copy of my Hunter Safety Course card from 1970.

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

AZ accepted my Utah license as sufficient proof that I had completed the training requirement.