Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Maybe things are returning to normal?

I went out to look at some guns with my girlfriend this morning and I was shocked to see ARs, AKs and 30 round PMags. Not at F you in the A prices either! They were pretty much what they should have have cost before all of that panic set in. Makes me think that things are starting to get back to normal hopefully. There was no ammo to be found but that won't last forever. For a while there I didn't think I'd ever see an AR in a gun shop again. Anyway, I thought this was good news and wanted to share.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Maybe things are returning to normal?

It's improving, for sure. Not near what I'd like it to be but much better. Bravo Company is listing several uppers for sale whereas before it was like one at a time maybe one day a week for a few hours before gone again, just to name one.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Crawford County)

Ammo is starting to come back, but its still gonna take a bit of time. But I did see a bit of 9mm sit on the shelf at the local WalMart for more than ten minutes last week....
    "When I hit it, I expect it to fall the hell down and die!"

(Delaware County)

King's had some SD rounds in a variety of calibers, more than I've seen in a while. Also some new stock there as well. Good to see.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

(Cambria County)

AR's seem to be somewhat available.

AK's are still WAY overpriced from what I've seen.

A long way from "normal" though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

(Indiana County)

I hit 4 local shops this weekend, spent money at each, I could have bought plenty of ammo between them, at half decent prices, but I just didn't need any so I left it for others as I've been doing all along.

I did buy one box of Tula .380 for my GHB.

All 4 places had .223 (OK, I did buy 3 boxes of frangible .223 to fill 2 more HD mags) including Federal 500 ct cases ($300) and 420rnd cans ($275), plenty of Tula ($7) and that Israeli Independence stuff ($11).

.22 was there, but at prices I won't pay, $40 a brick for CCI std velocity and some 100rnd packs of CCI Stingers.

Saw 9X18Mak, .45, 357, 38, 44, 7.62X39, 5.7, 30carb, and much more.
    9mm was scarce, but again, i don't need any so I wasn't really looking at the prices of the stuff I did see.

I picked up a couple pounds of Clays powder but left primers behind.
    Also picked up a BX25 mag for $29, they had 7 left when I walked out, I only needed one.
    Plenty of Pmags, Troy mags and quite a few Glock mags.

I think the idiots are mostly done paying the profiteers off and this means the profiteers are done emptying the shelves.

(Monroe County)

THere wont be any normal, it only looks that way untill the next false flag operation, they want your guns and ammo and by God they are going to get it, you will be disarmed, you have to be.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by CenterTree View Post

AK's are still WAY overpriced from what I've seen.
    That makes a little sense though. The latest attack on guns has been targeting imports. So I can still understand why AK prices are higher.

Stupid, yes. But understandable.
    “Until they become conscious, they will never rebel.” - George Orwell, 1984

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    All 4 places had .223 (OK, I did buy 3 boxes of frangible .223 to fill 2 more HD mags) including Federal 500 ct cases ($300) and 420rnd cans ($275), plenty of Tula ($7) and that Israeli Independence stuff ($11).

.22 was there, but at prices I won't pay, $40 a brick for CCI std velocity and some 100rnd packs of CCI Stingers.
    I had an AR for a few years, had a lot of fun with it but I don't think it's worth having one when it costs .60 a round to shoot the damn thing. The price of ammunition has nearly doubled since this time last year and it may not go back down. I don't understand the hoarding of .22 LR either. All the paranoid doomsday preppers and conspiracy theory guys need to be able to go out and shoot their plinkers I guess ... Thousands and thousands of times ... I'm really sick of these greedy, paranoid lunatics babbling on various forums about the end of days and the government, buying up all the ammunition and making us SANE gun owners look bad.

(Allegheny County)

Firearms and mags are defiantly coming back. Sub $15 shipped PMAGS are still a bit of a rare find.

Ammo in 9mm, .223 and .22 is still basically non existent, at least in my area. .40 has been relativity easy to find through this whole ordeal.

Some of the less popular rounds are starting to come back in stock although at slightly higher prices.

I don't think things will get back to normal until 2014 just in time for mid-term elections.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast