Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default A question for any Lawyers out there

Please delete this thread. I am a giant asshole. Sorry for wasting your time. I'm asking for free legal advice and I'm expecting not to get opinions that differ from my own and getting angry about it.
    Last edited by Yoder; May 20th, 2013 at 08:26 AM. Reason: poor judgement
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: A question for any Lawyers out there

Inal. If the car is indeed registered in his name, he can bar her from using it regardless of who actually makes the payments. It's his property, and he gets to determine its use. I think he will be just fine, the police left without arresting anyone and it doesn't appear that any illegal acts were committed. I'm sure some one with more insight will be along shortly.

Rick

(Montgomery County)

Your friend should kick stupid people out of his life. Note that becoming prohibited from buying a firearm is as easy as just getting arrested for domestic violence, not convicted! Note that. Ahh, the folloy of youth...
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Montgomery County)

Police have to fill out Incident Reports for the calls they go on. The top of the form needs to be completed with each person's info; name, DOB, address, etc. That is why the officer took your friends info, not because he is being charged with anything.

(Schuylkill County)

Your friend needs to get rid of this crazy bitch before it`s to late,she is going to cause him major problems,trust me on this one.

(Dauphin County)

IMO, he did nothing wrong by not letting her take his car, BUT, if he refused to let her leave by walking away, he may be crossing into questionable territory.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    IMO, he did nothing wrong by not letting her take his car, BUT, if he refused to let her leave by walking away, he may be crossing into questionable territory.
    ^^^ This.

If someone wants to leave, you let them, if not you may find yourself on the news...

I had a cousin once that said he was going to kill himself because his girlfriend left him, he for some reason came to my place to tell me this (attention whore IMO), I called his parents and told them to come get his whiny ass.
    They told me to keep him there, to not let him leave.
    Well, he left.

No way in hell was I keeping someone against their will, bawling about suicide or not.
    They want to kill themself? Fine, I still have a life to live afterwards and that is not going to include a kidnapping or illegal restraint or whatever charge...

(BTW, the crybaby sobered up and never did try anything, he did get a DUI though because his parents called the cops after he left my place and they caught up with him in a convenience store parking lot)

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    My friend just had an incident where 911 was called. He wouldn't let his girlfriend leave the house, he thought she was going to hurt her self and wouldn't give her the keys to her car. She was not intoxicated and there was no violence of any kind, just refused to let her take the car. Car was in his name but she payed for it. Police showed up and questioned him. Took his name, date of birth, phone number. By this time a friend had also come over to verify his story. They took her outside and told her she could leave if she wanted to. She decided to stay and the police left.

Is this incident going to cause a "criminal history" or come up as some kind of domestic dispute? No charges were filed and with the girlfriend's history he was totally right to not want her to leave at that time. I don't want to get into details, but trust me. Any info would be appreciated, Thank you.
    WTF?

...isn't that abduction? Or something similar (unlawful imprisonment)? Why do you think it's fine to force people to not leave somewhere?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    My friend just had an incident where 911 was called. He wouldn't let his girlfriend leave the house, he thought she was going to hurt her self and wouldn't give her the keys to her car. She was not intoxicated and there was no violence of any kind, just refused to let her take the car. Car was in his name but she payed for it. Police showed up and questioned him. Took his name, date of birth, phone number. By this time a friend had also come over to verify his story. They took her outside and told her she could leave if she wanted to. She decided to stay and the police left.

Is this incident going to cause a "criminal history" or come up as some kind of domestic dispute? No charges were filed and with the girlfriend's history he was totally right to not want her to leave at that time. I don't want to get into details, but trust me. Any info would be appreciated, Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragequit View Post
    WTF?

...isn't that abduction? Or something similar (unlawful imprisonment)? Why do you think it's fine to force people to not leave somewhere?
    Sounds like he just wouldn't give her the keys to HIS car, not illegal. Also i think it would have to do if he psychically restrained her. Its one thing to not give up the keys to your car buts its another to cuff her to the radiator.
    IANAL

Quote Originally Posted by ragequit View Post
    WTF?

Sorry I'm a dick.
    Last edited by Yoder; May 20th, 2013 at 08:18 AM. Reason: bad judgement
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast