Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Angry Cabelas.... You're killin me.

Fool me once, shame on you... Fool me twice, shame on me.

Some time ago I placed an order with Cabelas for some ammo that was in stock at a good price. The order went through, the charge showed up pending on my account, got the confirmation email stating (once again) that the products are in stock and shipping soon, and was given the expected delivery date to my door, etc etc.. Then a few days later I get another email saying my order is back-ordered for 2 months. Awesome. So anyways I called and explained to customer service that it was in stock, etc etc.. Basically gave me the short and sweet "we're sorry but it is in fact back-ordered," and that was it.

A few months went by, and I found a great deal on some ammo. I did everything I could to make sure it was in stock before I ordered.. It was. I checked out, got my confirmation email (showing in stock and shipping soon), and was excited. Then later I got the same mother-effing back-order email. I called once more and said this is the second time, if it wasn't in stock I wouldn't have ordered blah blah blah... Her response was "I'm sorry, we're going to try to get a shipment next week".

!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-End rant.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Cabelas.... You're killin me.

I have had the same thing with midway usa and botach tactical. Iv ordered mags from them both with the same thing happening.

Cabelas did the same thing to me yesterday. Ordered a box of Win M22 and it showed up as being in stock at the time of ordering...great!

Checked the confirmation email this am for that order only to find it is backordered until mid june.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by glocke12 View Post
    Cabelas did the same thing to me yesterday. Ordered a box of Win M22 and it showed up as being in stock at the time of ordering...great!

Checked the confirmation email this am for that order only to find it is backordered until mid june.
    Yours had a date? Mine was May 25th at first and then I got a second email changing it to a generic "backorded" with no date or info.

Quote Originally Posted by gfanikf View Post
    Yours had a date? Mine was May 25th at first and then I got a second email changing it to a generic "backorded" with no date or info.
    I ordered the Winchester and a brick of Remington. I got an in stock email for the Winchester and a backorder to ship 5/25 for the remington. I received 2 new emails this morning both showing backordered until 6/30.

Jim
    Last edited by jim_s; May 29th, 2013 at 08:33 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

You think that's bad? I ordered some 7.62 x 39 back in January and kept getting emails saying it's backordered until 3/30 then 4/30 and now 5/30! Good thing I've already got a lot of it.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by lemko View Post
    You think that's bad? I ordered some 7.62 x 39 back in January and kept getting emails saying it's backordered until 3/30 then 4/30 and now 5/30! Good thing I've already got a lot of it.
    That's crazy. I've seen it in the store within the last 2 weeks. 20 round Herters for 6.99.

(Luzerne County)

I think that's Cabela's way of getting you to cancel your order so they can sell it at a higher price.
    I ordered 2 boxes of Federal 525-round .22lr value packs at $19.98 each from Cabela's on 1/5/2013. After the confirmation email, I received another stating expected availability was 3/25/13. That date came and went, and another email arrived stating I'd have to wait until 4/25/13. Of course, that date has gone also, and they sent another mail telling me that 5/25/13 is the new date.
    Whaddya bet that will go to 6/25 when next Saturday comes around?

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

A few years back my daughter saw a prom dress that she liked on-line. In stock for immediate shipping. I ordered it and then got a "we're out of stock email" and it vanished from the web site. Okay. Screw ups happen.

A couple weeks later my daughter tells me that the dress is back on the web site so I ordered it again and then got the "we're out of stock" email. I went nuts. Well, not really nuts but I was ticked. I called and was told that it was out of stock and that out of stock items don't show up on the web site. "I'm looking at it right NOW on your website." "Oh. Sorry." They gave my daughter a 20% discount on another dress but it was aggravating.

(Bucks County)

Same thing just happened to me to yesterday .I guess we will get our ammo by Christmas. I have no doubt the backorder will keep getting pushed back.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast