Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Mossberg 715t

(Lancaster County)

Default Mossberg 715t

After reading many reviews on how terrible these plinkers were, I had my friend buy one as a guinea pig to test it out. I could not believe I read so many terrible reviews on this gun. After pulling it out of the box, and literally firing 4-500 rounds out of it, this gun only had 1 FTE. My old 10/22 was not nearly as reliable as this. I dont know if he got lucky buying one that was made well, or if the people that were writing negative reviews were biased on cheaper plinkers. I now want to buy one very badly. Someone please fill me in on this gun. Thanks in advance

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Mossberg 715t

My father picked one of these up at a local gun show last year and I was suprised by it as well. It functioned very reliably. The only problem we had was the factory sights would not hold a zero at all. Since it was a flat top model I talked him into a red dot sight and problem solved. For the money I think they are a nice little range gun. FYI Buds has them in stock for $229 shipped.

(Lycoming County)

The 715T rifles seem to be very hit or miss. I've seen quite a few that work just stellar from the factory, but we've also had a number of them need to be sent back to Mossberg because they just wouldn't work reliably at all. Just got one back from them that was sent in because the bolt would jam to the rear each shot.

(Berks County)

I hope to get mine out this weekend to determine what side of the equation it falls upon.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Bucks County)

Girlfriend has one of these. After 700 rounds without cleaning it starts to double feed. After tinkering with it I found the angle of the follower in the mag was wrong due to debris. I brake clean the shit out of it and it has never fail again.

(Lancaster County)

Are there any mechanical differences between the two models? I was back at my lgs today and was looking at the cheaper of the two. It seemed more toy like and not nearly as solid as the one my buddy bought. Its the same one selling for 222 on buds and it has the much longer quad rail. Even when reading the reviews, it seems as though the cheaper model gets more negative reviews.

(Northumberland County)

I have one and I like it! If your interested in buying it, PM me.