Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Things like this make Gun owners look bad...

Stupid kid walks around with an airsoft bb gun and gets arrested, still makes the gun owners look bad, Now if this kid had some education with firearms, he would of known better then to do this...

Gun waver cited

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Pittsburgh police over the weekend cited a man in Lawrenceville after witnesses said he caused a scene near a Wendy's restaurant by waving around a pistol that turned out to be an Airsoft-style pellet gun that looks like the real thing.
    Police cited Andrew Scott Zevola, 19, on Saturday after finding him in the Wendy's parking lot at 40th and Butler streets with the gun in his pocket.
    A University of Pittsburgh police officer and a man selling flowers on 40th Street both said Mr. Zevola was "waving a firearm around and causing alarm to the public," police said.
    Police said the incident drew a crowd to the scene. Mr. Zevola was cited for disorderly conduct and violating a city ordinance against carrying a facsimile of a gun.
    Last week a 10-year-old Georgia boy was shot in the face with one while ice-skating at PPG Plaza, and police received at least two other reports that day of similar shootings. Airsoft guns and their competitors are designed to look like real firearms, but they fire plastic BBs that sting.
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07003/750892-53.stm
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Things like this make Gun owners look bad...

thats a damn shame, whats the world coming to

(Lebanon County)

I don't even like taking my gun stocks outside.

(Berks County)

Dumb kid looking for attention. Well, he got it, to the detriment of us all no doubt.

One thing I noticed in reading the article was that he was cited for "carrying a facsimile of a gun"? That's a law in Pittsburgh? Does that mean that a child, or the parent of a child, can get cited for a water pistol or a cap gun?

I went thought so many cap guns and caps when I was a kid. The good old days...
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Allegheny County)

dang...i live two blocks from there. hadn't heard anything about it.

i dunno about the city gun facsimilie law. i can tell you i see neighborhood kids out playing with squirt guns a lot in the summer (some of which look pretty real). the police don't seem to bother them.

(btw, the kid was prolly just driven to insanity by that particular wendy's definition of "fast" food. i don't think it has ever taken me less than 20 minutes to go through the drive through there. )

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Stupid kid walks around with an airsoft bb gun and gets arrested, still makes the gun owners look bad, Now if this kid had some education with firearms, he would of known better then to do this...

Gun waver cited

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Pittsburgh police over the weekend cited a man in Lawrenceville after witnesses said he caused a scene near a Wendy's restaurant by waving around a pistol that turned out to be an Airsoft-style pellet gun that looks like the real thing.
    Police cited Andrew Scott Zevola, 19, on Saturday after finding him in the Wendy's parking lot at 40th and Butler streets with the gun in his pocket.
    A University of Pittsburgh police officer and a man selling flowers on 40th Street both said Mr. Zevola was "waving a firearm around and causing alarm to the public," police said.
    Police said the incident drew a crowd to the scene. Mr. Zevola was cited for disorderly conduct and violating a city ordinance against carrying a facsimile of a gun.
    Last week a 10-year-old Georgia boy was shot in the face with one while ice-skating at PPG Plaza, and police received at least two other reports that day of similar shootings. Airsoft guns and their competitors are designed to look like real firearms, but they fire plastic BBs that sting.
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07003/750892-53.stm
    Rent-a-cop calls in the real cops to arrest him??? I thought Pitt cops were real?

Kid is a dumbass....nuff said