Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Exclamation Square card reader Drops All Firearm and Ammunition Retailers

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ion-retailers/

Square, Inc. – the up and coming mobile credit card processor for the masses – has decided to make a change to their user agreement today. I’m a gun merchant, so whenever a processor tells me that there’s a change to the user agreement it means my fees are about to go up or I need to find a new processor. In this case, it was the latter. Square has decided to drop all transactions related to firearm and ammunition sales as well as “weapons and other devices designed to cause physical injury,” whatever those may be. I took a quick skim through the language . . .

and I figured it was mostly boilerplate. So naturally, just to be sure, I hit CTRL-F and typed in firearm. Note, the bold sections are my emphasis.

Old Square Seller Agreement:

By creating a Square Account, you also confirm that you will not accept payments in connection with the following businesses or business activities: (1) any illegal activity, (2) buyers or membership clubs, … 23) internet/mail order/telephone order firearm or weapon sales, (24) internet/mail order/telephone order cigarette or tobacco sales,

NEW Square Seller Agreement:

By creating a Square Account, you also confirm that you will not accept payments in connection with the following businesses or business activities: (1) any illegal activity or goods, (2) buyers or membership clubs, … (23) sales of (i) firearms, firearm parts or hardware, and ammunition; or (ii) weapons and other devices designed to cause physical injury

In other words, before the change, Square was happy as a clam to be used for face-to-face firearms sales. But now, they don’t even want to be used if all you’re buying is something as innocuous as a new pair of grips for your 1911. All deals involving firearms are no longer allowed to be processed through Square.

Taking into account the sheer number of gun show vendors who sell knives, ammo and beef jerky (you could put someone’s eye out with that venison stick!), does anyone have ideas for adaptive recycling of all those square readers we can no longer use?
    I use square and apparently I have until June 9th for the new terms of service to kick in.

I ask any and all that if you use square you terminate your accounts and switch somewhere gun friendly.

Anyone have any pro gun CC processors for a mobile device that are easy to use?

Paypal, Intuit and now square are Anti-gun.
    Please visit my Website for Exotic ammunition and 37mm goodies... http://gunshowgoods.com

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Square card reader Drops All Firearm and Ammunition Retailers

At some point that needs to be called out for being anti civil rights and treated as any other business which acts as such.

It's so interesting how they can be against a large segment of the population yet if they were against another segment, say a religion or nationality, they wouldn't be allowed to do that. Or if they didn't want to file a certain form for their employees. Or if they paid them the same rate for working 41 hours a week versus 40. Or if they wanted their HQ to be in the middle of a neighborhood.

But somehow discriminating against a specific variety of lawful commerce which involves a fundamental civil right is perfectly OK. Explain that again?
    Last edited by Yellowfin; May 16th, 2013 at 11:52 AM.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Chester County)

Ridiculous, they are just limiting their own ability to make money. I say let them run their business this way if it is their desire. Find a new vendor that wants to make money.

Eventually another vendor will step and be more than happy to take that revenue.
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?

(Lehigh County)

I currently use them for mobile payments which will stop as soon as its replaced... Anyone have an alternate recommendation?

(Beaver County)

Thumbs up Re: Square card reader Drops All Firearm and Ammunition Retailers

Quote Originally Posted by joelitespeed View Post
    I currently use them for mobile payments which will stop as soon as its replaced... Anyone have an alternate recommendation?
    I just signed up for phoneswipe.com

So far I went from initial email to approved in about 2 hours... setting it up now on my phone right now actually.
    Please visit my Website for Exotic ammunition and 37mm goodies... http://gunshowgoods.com

Just got a email from Gun Auction.com here is a link,
    http://us-mg6.mail.yahoo.com/neo/lau...5deboaoci#mail
    I dont know anything about who there supporting just received this email today.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for posting this. I have 2 accounts with them that I do not currently use but I closed both of them. I will have to look at other options down the road when I need it. It's sad since I opened an account with them when they first opened it up. It was nice to be able to take payment anytime and anywhere if the need came up.
    "Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'" -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by bige64 View Post
    If only there was a decentralized payment system available! Something where no one had the power to prevent you from paying someone else. Of course no one would be able to freeze your account either!

Why can't someone, Satoshi Nakamoto for example, invent something like this and call it... maybe Bitcoin?

Quote Originally Posted by Rezin777
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bige64

If only there was a decentralized payment system available! Something where no one had the power to prevent you from paying someone else. Of course no one would be able to freeze your account either!

Why can't someone, Satoshi Nakamoto for example, invent something like this and call it... maybe Bitcoin?
    LOL DHS is all over bitcoin!

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

Quote Originally Posted by bige64 View Post
    I just signed up for phoneswipe.com

So far I went from initial email to approved in about 2 hours... setting it up now on my phone right now actually.
    I've seen them post on another forum that they are firearm friendly. Let us know how they work out.

Jim

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast