Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default B.A.D. Mag Release and Upgraded Charging Handle

Me again... trying to figure out which items are really worth getting and which are just... crap. These two items have my interest. But wanted to know if any of you have used them and what your thoughts are on them.

BAD Magazine Release. This one almost seems like it would be a good idea. But wanted to hear from you guys on what your thoughts were. http://www.skdtac.com/Magpul-B-A-D-Lever-p/mag.115.htm

Charging Handle Upgrade with a bigger release lever. Since I'm new to the AR platform (OK, it has been over 40 years since I played with one). I don't know if this is a good upgrade or just hype. http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-G...%204%20556.htm

Looking for upgrades that make sense and actually do benefit you.

What are you thoughts on these items?
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Default Re: B.A.D. Mag Release and Upgraded Charging Handle

I run a B.A.D. lever. I DO NOT use it to put the rifle back into battery after a mag change. I DO use it to lock the bolt to the rear during malfunction clearing practice. That being said, I use the charging handle to well...charge the rifle. I wear gloves, and the Badger Ordinance over sized handle works great. There are many that say the lever places too much torque on the charging handle leading to breakage. I have not experienced this.
    Jules

I use the BAD lever and think it is a great idea. I use it as intended and it does spped up mag changes.

I also use an over sized charging handle. I can not recall the name at the moment. IMO it also helps with operating the controls. I have very large hands. The advantage of using the large latch to me is a no brainer.

As far as stress on the charging handle, that may be so. I have never seen one break or ever heard of one breaking. I am not saying they dont!

My recomendation is to do both. IMO both items are woth the few bucks that they cost.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    BAD Magazine Release. This one almost seems like it would be a good idea. But wanted to hear from you guys on what your thoughts were. http://www.skdtac.com/Magpul-B-A-D-Lever-p/mag.115.htm
    No thanks.

Charging Handle Upgrade with a bigger release lever. Since I'm new to the AR platform (OK, it has been over 40 years since I played with one). I don't know if this is a good upgrade or just hype. http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-G...%204%20556.htm
    This is good kit.

(Allegheny County)

I have no idea, but what happened? Where did this AR15 infatuation come from?
    What happened to your AK47s???
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Washington County)

I have that charging handle and really really like it. I personally believe it is one of the better ones on the market.

Troy industries makes a nice B.A.D lever.
    FOAC Member, NRA Member

(York County)

Just to be clear, the BAD lever releases/latches the Bolt, not the Magazine.....

I have one, I like it, it's convenient for keeping your fire control hand on the pistol grip at all times.

I have the BCM over sized charging handle as well. It's nice to grab when your eyes are on something else, but I rarely use the handle to charge the rifle. After a mag is done, the range is going to want the bolt open for safety, so when ready to shoot the next mag, just smack the bolt release with the front hand, or use your index finger on the BAD lever .

The oversized CH will poke you in the chest with certain slings, which is annoying.

YB
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

(Chester County)

The BCM MOD CH is GTG I would not have an AR without one, I tried on my new build but broke down and went back to my old ways of the BCM MOD4, it works for me and I do not want to stray from it but the Rainer Arms Raptor is looking like it may be worth a go, Rainer has great stuff.

BAD lever is BAD!! Bad habits and bad motor memory, if you take a real carbine course they will prob ask you to take it off, if you and I were in a situation and I handed you a AR without the BAD which malfunctioned, you prob would be f-ed or costing time we don't have to fix it because your so used to the BAD lever, it's a good concept but I'd skip that one.

Want a good upgrade, check out Battle Arms Developments Ambi selector, known as the BAD ASS or BAD CASS, also comes in a short throw 45 deg, that's real nice, also the owner Roger is the freakin man he will hook you up with SWAG galore. Give them a look before the BAD lever and thank me later.
    check out my Photo page: http://www.facebook.com/Blak1508

(Chester County)

Oh and I forgot, a Geissele SSA or SSA-E ... Yup your set
    check out my Photo page: http://www.facebook.com/Blak1508

(Northampton County)

I run both, and they're both excellent parts. I would certainly recommend them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast