Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Mount Joy Sportsmans

I have been a member at Mt. Joy for several years now. Work does not allow me to make monthly meetings. They seem to have NO way to let members know what is going on. They stopped sending a newsletter. Website never gets updated except for the calendar once in a while. Facebook page gets an update once every couple of months. There have been questions posted by members which gone unanswered for months.

A couple of the posts say emails are not being returned by the club officials.

Drove by last week and there has been no activity on the new handgun range. I thought it was only going to take the building permit to start?

I would renew if I saw some activity to get the new handgun range built and then rebuild the rifle range, otherwise I am history. I read that the indoor range was shot up by some member after a shoot. Excuse me, now former member. I don't reload and have no time to start so LRN ammo, not likely in my future.

Does ANYONE know what is going on there that could enlighten the rest of the club members???????
    Last edited by vetman03; April 28th, 2014 at 03:55 PM.

(Lancaster County)

I don't blame you for considering other options...

Want to attract more people to the club? Finish the pistol range project and maybe clean up the basement a bit. For a new member, the layout of the lights in the indoor range really sucks. I can see how it can intimidate some new folks, especially women. It is dark and dingy...The BB/Pellet range was a nice addition, but the hallway around it is trashy.

I am having a hard time finding LRN in no 22lr calibers. I started reloading jsut so I could shoot indoors there...Pain in the ass...

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by jmoyer; August 4th, 2014 at 03:23 PM.

(Lancaster County)

I left there years ago because the administration couldnt get their act together.
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.-Thomas Jefferson

(Lancaster County)

Who owns it? I am curious what it would take to get new blood in there? I drive past it everyday. I live just up the street. Numerous times I wanted to make the meeting to join. Seems it was always a no go due to weather or a holiday but the only way you found that out was to show up and no one was there.
    <a href=http://vigitac.com target=_blank>http://vigitac.com</a>

(Lancaster County)

With the outdoor pistol/rifle range closed, you will hardly find anyone there now. I think they might still do some outdoor skeet type shooting on Tuesday nights. When you do see a car there, it could be someone inside or in the downstairs range. Doubt you will ever get anyone to see or hear you. They do have a website with information on joining. It has not been changed for years but some of the information is still valid. They have the once a month Monday evening meetings where you join.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12