Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Question about getting a permit to carry concelled weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Ruined1 View Post
    Marijuana is not a drug.

Just apply, if you get denied they will tell you and allow you to file a challenge to the denial, at which point then file the challenge and explain that the offense was not under that PA statuette. If that doesn't work, then yes call around to some lawyers and see about getting that conviction removed. If it wasn't a conviction and was a dropped charge, get a copy of the file in the courthouse where you were charged that says all charges were dropped. Speaking from experience here.

If all else fails look for someone on pennswoods.net classifieds or some such selling a pistol that won't make you do it with a check through the sheriff. Then you will legally own a pistol from your "Uncle Shmoe" and open carry that sucker. I bought my SKS that way for home defense while I waited for my Background Check to clear to get my pistol and LTCF. Easy peezy and perfectly legal. Just remember you can NOT carry it loaded in a vehicle without an LTCF so if you ever get pulled over you were either transporting it "to your home", "to your place of business", or a "target range" and make sure the ammo/mags are in a seperate compartment from the firearm itself. Ridiculous you can't get a LTCF or purchase a firearm from a store over a stupid little marijuana charge... Unreal
    This is NOT good advice.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cfurlo View Post
    This is NOT good advice.
    Why? because my opinion that marijuana isn't a drug? Or that I told him how to go through the process to legally obtain his LTCF and try get his record expunged if he couldn't? Or was it that I told him to purchase a gun privately? I don't understand how I gave him any bad advice?
    Last edited by Ruined1; May 9th, 2013 at 02:20 AM.

(Lehigh County)

Don't do drugs.
    I get a kick out of this. I'm not calling you out which is why I only quoted the text. What kind of freedom do we have? Very little.

Don't buy raw milk either.
    Last edited by yeager484; May 9th, 2013 at 02:08 AM.

(Lehigh County)

Why? because my opinion that marijuana isn't a drug? Or that I told him how to go through the process to legally obtain his LTCF and try get his record expunged if he couldn't? Or was it that I told him to purchase a gun privately? I don't understand how I gave him any bad advice?
    Bingo you can not buy a handgun privately with out a background check, not even from an "uncle" this is skirting the law and telling him to do so could get him arrested and is against forum rules. I guess you should lay off the weed a little and stop giving shitty advise.
    IANAL

Quote Originally Posted by CartBone69 View Post
    Bingo you can not buy a handgun privately with out a background check, not even from an "uncle" this is skirting the law and telling him to do so could get him arrested and is against forum rules. I guess you should lay off the weed a little and stop giving shitty advise.
    He wasn't skirting the law, he was breaking it into little pieces. Advice like that is about as bad as it gets.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cfurlo View Post
    This is NOT good advice.
    I agree. Before I would answer no I would want a lawyer familiar with gun law to tell me that and be ready to defend a perjury charge.

(Butler County)

If all else fails look for someone on pennswoods.net classifieds or some such selling a pistol that won't make you do it with a check through the sheriff. Then you will legally own a pistol from your "Uncle Shmoe" and open carry that sucker. I bought my SKS that way for home defense while I waited for my Background Check to clear to get my pistol and LTCF. Easy peezy and perfectly legal.
    Do not listen to this advice. It is far from "perfectly legal". While long guns can be transferred without a sheriff or ffl, handguns cannot.
    Also, this poster suggests lying multiple times in this post. Don't be stupid. If you think life is tough with a minor drug conviction, try having a gun conviction.

Quote Originally Posted by swack View Post
    Do not listen to this advice. It is far from "perfectly legal". While long guns can be transferred without a sheriff or ffl, handguns cannot.
    Also, this poster suggests lying multiple times in this post. Don't be stupid. If you think life is tough with a minor drug conviction, try having a gun conviction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker
    I agree. Before I would answer no I would want a lawyer familiar with gun law to tell me that and be ready to defend a perjury charge.
    Well I'm probably going to get banned again anyways so here it goes...

1) I don't smoke weed, I'm just not against it
    2) I never suggested buying a handgun, look back at my posts where i said I got an SKS for home defense, that's a long gun and perfectly legal to privately buy i NEVER suggested he buy a handgun.

I wasnt being dishonest and it sucks that I'm going to be banned over that. You guys are an awesome community, I hope this will get reviewed, sorry if it came off any way other than i meant it

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

I also see now I wrote "pistol" where I meant to write firearm.
    I doubt this will get reviewed in my favor. Sorry for the miunderstanding and it sucks to be me I guess, later guys.

I have several comments here.

Words mean things. We are judged by our words every day, especially in a venue where our words are the only thing we really have.

Do not post advice of a legal nature unless you are as sure as is humanly possible that you are right. And if you are wrong, expect that there are consequences.

Know your subject before you write about it, regardless of its nature.

"Do over" usually doesn't work in real life.

Read and understand the nature of the tools you are using. This applies to guns, legal processes, forum rules, etc. We each bear the responsibility for our own self in all cases.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast