Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Heidelberg Sportsman’s Association Multi Gun Shoot

Quote Originally Posted by tripleS View Post
    You better hope she doesn't read that comment! You may still be on crutches for next months shoot.
    crutches and a straw to eat with
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Berks County)

i wont miss you...incidentally the club is very big on getting new shooters involved with the sport. If you dont like it dont come out...like I said I wont miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK 357 View Post
    I almost had a perfect day yesterday shooting with my fellow shooters. on the drive home I decided for myself I will never return to this shoot. it's time the leadership at this club grows some balls. not only did they let this douche bag shoot they let him bring along a crew of complete novice shooters, we all had to learn to shoot competition sometime but competition is not the place to learn to shoot!!! He still had his kid stealing brass from other squads. no one can say just pick a different squad and he won't affect your day he and his group had three squads backed up and caused several people the ability to shoot all four stages . I look back over the years of scores and often wondered why such a high turn over rate I now know why one shooter will not return! is it really pisses me off I really enjoyed going to this shoot, it's gotten to the point where his affect is becoming unreasonable. we live in a free society and they are free to let whoever they want there but I am also free to never return and speak my mind
    Last edited by Joe88XJ; May 20th, 2013 at 09:28 PM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe88XJ View Post
    We wont miss you...incidentally the club is very big on getting new shooters involved with the sport. If you dont like it dont come out...like I said we wont miss you.
    I think the club is eager to get new participants in the sport, but I think the major issue folks have is with them not being familiar in the operation of the firearm. It is one thing to be new to multigun, but multi gun is not a good place to learn to use a firearm. I was not there this month, but that is the gist of the issue as I understand it. I think the other issue is with brass pickup, and folks not getting a fair chance to pick their own brass after they shoot. I think these are all legitimate concerns.

(Lancaster County)

Hey Joe who the fuck are you to speak for the club. you can't be that ignorant and not know you're the one everybody is upset with and talking about for the last two months. I speak for a lot of competitors we would not miss you!!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MEK1911 View Post
    Hey Joe who the fuck are you to speak for the club. you can't be that ignorant and not know you're the one everybody is upset with and talking about for the last two months. I speak for a lot of competitors we would not miss you!!!
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++1

(Berks County)

competition is NOT a place to learn how to use and manipulate firearms. a static range is the place for that. once the people in question are familiar and PROFICIENT with the various firearms then and only then should they attempt to compete. while Hiedelberg is serious about people getting involved in the shooting sports i do not think they mean putting a brand new novice shooter in competition and hoping for the best. the fundamentals of safety and marksmanship must be learned in advance of this. if someone is safe and knowledgeable i am all for them showing up and competing, if they are brand new/ nearly no experrience, then i say get further training and familiarity with the guns for a while and then attemp competing later. as far as the brass issue goes, people PAY for that brass and they OWN it until they say otherwise. if a shooter specifically states they do not want their brass back, then have at it. if not, then all other parties (kids included), should keep their hands off of it. as far as i am concerned that should always be an announcement during the safety mtg and anyone breaking it should be penalized/match DQ'ed/banned permanently from the competition. i havent shot this match for a while but it is safe to say that i know MOST of the people who did and have been listening to their complaints for months. it is time to put a stop to all of this and let the competition get back to what it is meant to be.............fun.

Hate to say it but the club needs to have a "safety check" Unless your classifed in IDPA or USPSA you should have to do safety check at the club. A match is not place on how to operate an handgun/ It a place to learn how to get better....
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe88XJ View Post
    We wont miss you...incidentally the club is very big on getting new shooters involved with the sport. If you dont like it dont come out...like I said we wont miss you.
    Joe,
    if by (we,) you mean the HSA tactical committee YOUR WRONG.
    We don't want anyone to not come and shoot. and yes we get a big turn over for what ever the reason, we don't need people leaving because of your ego and bad manners, yes we get new shooters every month and they're welcome,
    But if you think bringing someone to shoot a competition who attended a class, then bought their first firearm on Tuesday,then show to compete on Saturday was a good idea, your wrong.
    so go stroke your ego by spending more time at a shooting range one on one so they can become more comfortable with handling that new firearm and the one that you loaned them so they could compete, then invite them out to compete
    Tom

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by rbergum95 View Post
    competition is NOT a place to learn how to use and manipulate firearms. a static range is the place for that. once the people in question are familiar and PROFICIENT with the various firearms then and only then should they attempt to compete. while Hiedelberg is serious about people getting involved in the shooting sports i do not think they mean putting a brand new novice shooter in competition and hoping for the best. the fundamentals of safety and marksmanship must be learned in advance of this. if someone is safe and knowledgeable i am all for them showing up and competing, if they are brand new/ nearly no experrience, then i say get further training and familiarity with the guns for a while and then attemp competing later. as far as the brass issue goes, people PAY for that brass and they OWN it until they say otherwise. if a shooter specifically states they do not want their brass back, then have at it. if not, then all other parties (kids included), should keep their hands off of it. as far as i am concerned that should always be an announcement during the safety mtg and anyone breaking it should be penalized/match DQ'ed/banned permanently from the competition. i havent shot this match for a while but it is safe to say that i know MOST of the people who did and have been listening to their complaints for months. it is time to put a stop to all of this and let the competition get back to what it is meant to be.............fun.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.......
    Not only did these people never handle a weapon before, You left your squad behind to let your "friends" finger fuck guns at the mainainance table while you played hip grab was okay.... .....which then indirectly caused a back up on every stage afterwards...

I guess that walking out on the safety meeting to take that all important phone call was appropriate as well?? Not only was it rude, but just plain ignorant....perhaps you should have been sent home at that point....

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MEK1911 View Post
    I honestly had no idea that there was an ongoing problem until this very post and I decided to look at last months shoot thread....I am going to address both of these threads momentarily. Funny thing is not one person has said anything to me about this issue....NOT A SINGLE PERSON.

I am going to point out to you That in the last months thread you stated
    I copied and pasted it here

Hey Glock 357 I hear ya brother you are definitely preaching to the choir on this one. it is bullshit every time I see his ad i know some of it is my brass it pisses me off.you would think just mathematically speaking tell one guy to stay home and upset him or ruin the day of a dozen or more shooters should be an easy choice .one thing i can promise is my wife or I will never shoot with him again last month he and I got in a verbal argument over the fact he didn't like the way she shot a stage (it wasn't a safety issue) and he couldn't keep his stupid fucking mouth shut.
    Quadzilla you make your girl friend come along and don't let her shoot what's up with that?I never know he was disrespectful during the pledge thats not cool at all. especially at a shoot where there are men present who bled on foreign battle fields for that flag and for us to have a country where we can still get together to shoot.the guy is just a world class dick! on a different note if you talk to Jay tell him he better bring his .308 this time

So its safe to say that you are Matt Charles and I will also point out that there are numerous complaints that the club needs to enforce rules...I am all for that. My issue which led to our arguement is as follows Matts wife Erica had a rifle malfunction on a course of fire, Matt instructed his wife to dump her magazine and clear the jam....then to insert her spare magazine into her rifle which she did and then proceeded to complete the course of fire. Does anybody else know what was wrong with this procedure or am I alone?? The ONLY gun you are allowed to carry extra ammo onto the course of fire for is the shotgun. For the rifle and pistol you are only allowed to carry the exact amount of rounds to complete the course of fire. This rule is for safety reasons. Now a noob might make this mistake but This husband and wife are anything but new and as has been stated they put a lot of effort into these events. I find it very hard to believe that they are not familiar with the rules. When i approached the RO and the scorekeeper and reminded them of this the score keeper nodded in agreement. I then calmly informed Matt who is this username MEK1911 of this violation of the rules, he denied it and said things like "show me a list of the rules in writing!" now I know for a fact They are very familiar with the rules and it burns me up to see him play "stupid" about this rule. nobody else ia allowed to carry extra rounds for their pistol or rifle so neither can they. He began to react in a much more negative manner. I am sorry but I was trying to remind a shooter of a rule which is a safety rule and he wanted to deny it, both he and his wife had extra rifle magazines loaded with ammunition on their person. So this is the source of this user's anger and harsh words towards me. I called him out on his breaking the round count rule and he played dumb with me. nobody else had the stones to say anything to them, I couldnt stomach such a blatant violation of those rules. Matt if this didnt happen the way I say it did please enlighten us with your version of the story!
    Joe

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast