Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Ohio resident camping PA?

Thanks for the info everyone. Of course I would keep gun (10/22) unloaded with ammo separated from gun. I do not have a ccw and I am not a fan of ccw. I do not believe the people should have to have a permit to exercise a Constitutional right. Application for ccw is just another way the government knows who has firearms. That being said. I would not violate the law and conceal carry without one. I am looking for the best way to have access to a firearm in public/traveling without having to apply for a ccw.

p.s. I also camp in pa state parks with the kids in the summer. Last summer we had a bear visit us in the ANF it would be nice to be able to protect my family from 2 and 4 leg critters while in the deep dark forest.
    Last edited by skyscratcher5150; May 7th, 2013 at 01:52 AM.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Ohio resident camping PA?

Quote Originally Posted by skyscratcher5150 View Post
    Thanks for the info everyone. Of course I would keep gun (10/22) unloaded with ammo separated from gun. I do not have a ccw and I am not a fan of ccw. I do not believe the people should have to have a permit to exercise a Constitutional right. Application for ccw is just another way the government knows who has firearms. That being said. I would not violate the law and conceal carry without one. I am looking for the best way to have access to a firearm in public/traveling without having to apply for a ccw.

p.s. I also camp in pa state parks with the kids in the summer. Last summer we had a bear visit us in the ANF it would be nice to be able to protect my family from 2 and 4 leg critters while in the deep dark forest.
    Be advised that Pa state parks have specific restrictions that apply to longarms and handguns (see (4) and (5) of 017 Pa Code § 11.215. Weapons and hunting.. Note: People with a Pa LTCF or reciprocated out-of-state CCWs are statutorily exempt from the park's handgun restrictions when CC or in a vehicle.

017 Pa Code § 11.215
    The following activities are prohibited without written permission of the Department:

(4) Possessing an uncased device, or uncasing a device, including a firearm, archery equipment or slingshot, that is capable of discharging or propelling a projectile, except as provided in paragraph (2) or (7), or except in the owner’s building on a leased campsite, in the owner’s residence, or in the owner’s vehicle or trailer.

(5) Failing to keep a device, including a firearm, archery equipment or slingshot, that is capable of discharging or propelling a projectile, in the owner’s building on a leased campsite, in the owner’s residence or in the owner’s vehicle or trailer.
    Last edited by tl_3237; May 7th, 2013 at 02:49 PM.
    IANAL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12