Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default .22lr ammo prices gone crazy?!

I went to locks philadelphia gun exchange the other day and they had received a shipment of .22lr. I had just bought my first rifle [.22lr ] ever and wanted to shoot it but apparently ammo is very scarce. I asked him what he had and he handed me a box of cci ar-15 .22 325 rounds box. I then asked for the price and he said "40$". My mom was just going to buy it and Im like "HELL NO!" It should be about 20-25$ for 500 rounds of .22! almost double the cost for nearly half as much! I left the shop very dissapointed and if I had not klnown better I would have bought it. When I called up delias gun shop , they had 500 round boxed selling for 49.99!!!! I almost choked and he said that three people were buying it as we spoke. When will the prices become reasonable??!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: .22lr ammo prices gone crazy?!

Quote Originally Posted by KEVINOWN.22 View Post
    When will the prices become reasonable??!
    Once those people stop paying those prices.

Edit: It seems to depend a lot on where you are but prices are coming down. I'm not sure how far you are from Bucks County but Tanner's seems to get some in each week and I don't I've ever seen anyone complain about them or their prices. Hell, it may be worth the drive just to see the place.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by EB85 View Post

Edit: It seems to depend a lot on where you are but prices are coming down. I'm not sure how far you are from Bucks County but Tanner's seems to get some in each week and I don't I've ever seen anyone complain about them or their prices. Hell, it may be worth the drive just to see the place.
    I actually live only a 34 minutes drive from there!!! How much does .22 am,mo cosdt there

(Lehigh County)

Yea, Tanners is good on their prices based on what i see from their Facebook posts. Also i dont know how long of a drive it would be but Trop gun shop in Elizabethtown is also good on their prices, but that might be a little drive for you. I think they have quoted .22 Bricks starting at 29.99 but that is still better then the likes of other shops such as Army and Navy in Allentown, and those shops you mentioned down your way. Both Tanner's and Trop gun shop have Facebook accounts that they give updates. Trop usually gives and update every morning around 10-11 am, and Tanners usually has a Thursday post with ammo that will be available on Saturday.
    IANAL

(Bucks County)

I actually live only a 34 minutes drive from there!!! How much does .22 am,mo cosdt there
    Their Thursday afternoon FB post had this:
    CCI 22LR Standard Velocity $29.99 for 500
    CCI 22 Mag $11.99 for 50
    CCI 22 Mag Poly Tip $13.99 for 50

Unless they get a buttload of it in, they set a limit on same caliber purchases so no one can go in and buy it all at once.

(Philadelphia County)

Their Thursday afternoon FB post had this:
    CCI 22LR Standard Velocity $29.99 for 500
    CCI 22 Mag $11.99 for 50
    CCI 22 Mag Poly Tip $13.99 for 50

Unless they get a buttload of it in, they set a limit on same caliber purchases so no one can go in and buy it all at once.
    OKAY thanks guys , i think Ill take a drive down there soon.

(Montgomery County)

Call Tanner's before you go. They had 50 bricks of cci today with one per person. They opened early at 8:30. The line was super long and they said the last person to get a brick was in line at 7:30. They are the best, but you have to get there super early to wait in line for anything that is hot.

(Bucks County)

I asked him what he had and he handed me a box of cci ar-15 .22 325 rounds box. I then asked for the price and he said "40$".
    I picked up two boxes of the same ammo from the Tullytown Walmart 2 weeks ago(when they have it !) it cost me 24.95 a box

(Montgomery County)

I did tanners this morning because facebook said he had 50 bricks for 29.99. When I got there around opening and 50 people were in line. The 22lr was gone in 15 minutes.

(Westmoreland County)

I don't know if you have a Dick's or Wal-Mart near you or not, but I've been able to consistently pick some up, with the help of my wife, by stopping and checking in at those places every single time we go by one.

Frankly, we're fortunate to have a Wal-Mart 2.5 miles from the house, as well as a Dick's & Walmart about 8 miles away in another location.

Without the close proximity and the fact we're always in the area, I would not have got any in the last 2 months. I have not paid more than $25 for a 500 round brick. Just fyi.

I was late to the party but the only thing I can't find alot of right now is
    .32 acp.

Good luck and good hunting.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast