Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mods please delete

Hi group just another place the realtor has sent me info on for a place to move to.

So again I am looking for info on how friendly Conneuat area is over by Albion Rt 18 area towards us gun folks.

Any info would be great
    Last edited by Wraith724; May 2nd, 2013 at 06:19 PM.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: is Conneuat gun friendly?

Wraith, I think you are being a little paranoid about this. Just about every place in PA is "gun friendly."

I live in a border area in the Lehigh Valley. When I go shopping, anywhere from 2% to 30% of the cars in the parking lots are from NJ and NY. And yet I have open carried my sidearm almost every day for 4 years. And there are 4 gun clubs within 5 miles from any place you stand.

The only area where it would really be a consideration is Philly. Personally, although I would try to avoid Philly, it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. I would avoid it more because I don't like the city than the fact that they make you fill out extra paperwork for a LTCF.

If you are really worried about firearm issues, you should be asking how many clubs and ranges are in the areas you are looking at. Not whether or not people will like you as a gun owner. That's a non-issue. This is not Connecticut.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Wraith, I think you are being a little paranoid about this. Just about every place in PA is "gun friendly."

I live in a border area in the Lehigh Valley. When I go shopping, anywhere from 2% to 30% of the cars in the parking lots are from NJ and NY. And yet I have open carried my sidearm almost every day for 4 years. And there are 4 gun clubs within 5 miles from any place you stand.

The only area where it would really be a consideration is Philly. Personally, although I would try to avoid Philly, it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. I would avoid it more because I don't like the city than the fact that they make you fill out extra paperwork for a LTCF.

If you are really worried about firearm issues, you should be asking how many clubs and ranges are in the areas you are looking at. Not whether or not people will like you as a gun owner. That's a non-issue. This is not Connecticut.
    ungawa sorry if i sound paranoiod I am not and was not meaning to sound this way. I will be moving and I am not planing on moving again once I do so I was looking for the best area were there will be little chance of the CT/NY/NJ infueance moving in and causing its issues were I move.

You do make a great point however about were there are gun ranges and spending more time on finding the area that would be best for them.

I am not sure how to delete this thread or the others I have posted any help in that would be greatly appreated and again sorry to have sounded paranoid.

Just looking to get back to a quieter more family oriented place to life.

Thanks

(Northampton County)

I meant that in a friendly way, not in a critical way.

We have preemption in PA. Local areas don't make up their own gun laws. You need to worry more about PA turning as a whole than the specific area where you live turning.

Most they can do where you live is pass discharge ordinances. Right now, boroughs and cities, by and large already have discharge ordinances while townships, by and large, do not. Just means you can't shoot in your back yard. Doesn't affect ranges.

No county or municipality in PA can pass any law regulating the purchase, sale, possession, or carry of firearms, firearms parts, or ammunition. All laws in that respect are on the state level.

Hope that helps. I understand you wanting to move to quiet area.

I meant that in a friendly way, not in a critical way.

We have preemption in PA. Local areas don't make up their own gun laws. You need to worry more about PA turning as a whole than the specific area where you live turning.

Most they can do where you live is pass discharge ordinances. Right now, boroughs and cities, by and large already have discharge ordinances while townships, by and large, do not. Just means you can't shoot in your back yard. Doesn't affect ranges.

No county or municipality in PA can pass any law regulating the purchase, sale, possession, or carry of firearms, firearms parts, or ammunition. All laws in that respect are on the state level.

Hope that helps. I understand you wanting to move to quiet area.
    Ungawa no worries no offense taken at all I was just saying is all.

The boroughs and townships item is a very good point and that helps.

I hope PA does not go to the dark side any ways in respect to guns I dont plan on living near Philly or Pittsburg they are like NYC. I think PA and NY state for that matter as i know some poeple out that way who dont believe in what there govenor has done to them should build walls up around Philly/Pittsburg/NYC and any other city that feels it makes more sense to disarm honest people and let them have there own laws and leave the rest of the states alone.

Thanks again

(Delaware County)

We have preemption in PA. Local areas don't shouldn't make up their own gun laws.
    Fixed it for ya!

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Fixed it for ya!
    CAN'T

Fixed it for you.

They are unenforceable.

You are considering moving near Meadville? Hope you like snow

I would say the northern and western parts of the state are still solid pro 2A.
    If comparisons need to be made anyway.

I would avoid moving into a development/association. They can be a real hassle.
    FUCK BIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    You are considering moving near Meadville? Hope you like snow

I would say the northern and western parts of the state are still solid pro 2A.
    If comparisons need to be made anyway.

I would avoid moving into a development/association. They can be a real hassle.
    Gods Country thanks I definelty am not looking for any development. now just need to find the area that has a good fish and game club and some ranges around the area and i will be happy happy happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith724 View Post
    Gods Country thanks I definelty am not looking for any development. now just need to find the area that has a good fish and game club and some ranges around the area and i will be happy happy happy.
    There a quite a few members from the NW area. May want to pose that question in a county specific forum...if you have not done so.
    FUCK BIDEN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast