Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Wells Fargo - Anti 2A? ..or WTF

Hey Everyone,

Just went to the drive-thru at my local WF. Was trying to cash one of my checks becasue I had no cash and didn't have my ATM card with me. So I send the endorsed check thru the vacuum and she says hello thru the microphone, etc. The following conversation occurs:

Her: Hi sir, etc etc. Because of the amount you want to cash, I will need two forms of ID. She sends the bin thing back.
    Me: I put in my PA DL and PA LTCF, send it back.
    Her: Sir, we can't accept this (LCTF) as a form of ID.
    Me: Excuse me? It's a State-issued PHOTO ID.
    Her: I'm sorry. I was told we can't accept this as a form of ID. Can you just show me like a credit card or do you have an insurance card or something else with your name on it?
    Me: What? You will accept my American Express card as a form of ID just because the name matches, but you will not accept the PHOTO ID you are holding?
    Her: I'm sorry sir.

I'm having a bad week. My dad had a massive heart attack on Sunday and is unlikely to recover. So i'm not to happy with miss bitchy teller right now.

Me: Let me talk to the branch manager, please.
    Her: That would be fine, but can you park and come in so you aren't blocking the drive-thru?
    Me: Sure, that's fine, but I have my firearm, which you can see I'm licensed to be carrying. Is it ok for me to come in to the bank with my gun? It will be concealed, don't worry.
    Her: Blank stare...um, did you honestly just ask me if you can come into a bank with a gun?
    Me: Ma'am - you have no idea just how much of an idiot you made yourself look like. I will be calling Wells Fargo and filing a complaint. (like I said, I'm not in a great mood this week).

Drove away, called WF Customer Service. First girl I spoke to and explained the situation to was actually pretty upset that I was treated that way and told me she was going to get me a supervisor, who would let me file a complaint so they could find out what was going on.

Spoke to Supervisor Lisa, who it turns out has her own CCW. Win for WF, having your Customer Service Dept in Sioux Falls. Lisa told me she absolutely agreed with me and said there is no specific policy telling WF employees what IDs are valid, and which aren't. Lisa completely agreed that what occurred was unacceptable and she said she would handle this complaint herself. When she asked for the teller's name, I couldn't provide it because I just didn't remember to ask her for it. Lisa then asked me to provide a physical description so she could figure out which employee it was.

I then told Lisa about them telling me to come in when I asked to speak to the branch manager, having my gun, etc. At least Lisa was honest enough to say she didn't know what corporate policy was and would call me back with an answer.

So I guess kudos to WF Customer Service.

PS - I did the exact same thing yesterday, drive-thru and all, with a different teller, and she had no problem cashing my check. She even joked about how she has never been given one of those as an ID.

(York County)

Default Re: Wells Fargo - Anti 2A? ..or WTF

Well done, and rep sent. Having had to provide customer service for decades myself I get a little sensitive about it and often find myself taking steps to correct poor service. I'm glad you followed up with corporate, and thanks for posting your experience here.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Lancaster County)

Considering how often banks get robbed, it would seem reasonable to always go there armed.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

Well done.

Sorry to hear about your father. My condolences.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

(Pike County)

I had an issue with my Wells Fargo ATM card a few months ago and had to get it traded for a new one. I needed to use two forms of photo ID so I used my Drivers License and my LTCF, the girl at the desk didn't even bat an eye. I think that person just has a hair up her ass about firearms.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Berks County)

Back before I started using my passport to enter Canada I always enjoyed using my PA LTCF for ID

(Butler County)

Lisa told me she absolutely agreed with me and said there is no specific policy telling WF employees what IDs are valid, and which aren't Perhaps some better employee training. I completely understand your frustration with the situation. I will say that dealing in the customer service industry causes me to have an opinion on both sides. Its pretty obvious that WF doesnt train their employees very well in these kinds of situations. I will say though that when customers get shitty attitudes with me at my job because i cant answer off the wall questions (like taking a LTCF as an ID as its probably the 1st one she has ever saw) i usually get shitty right back at them. Just try to keep in mind that using that as a form of ID while completely logical to us, may confuse someone who has no idea about them.
    PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals

(Montgomery County)

Dont even get me fucking started with this 2 forms of ID bullshit. Ive come close to verbally flipping shit at a few tellers years ago at PNC when they tried to say they wouldnt cash my check with my 7 different IDs and they also would not open me an account. Eventually I got them to, once I had to leave one PNC and go to a different one. Multiple times I would come in to cash an annual $50 christmas check from grandparents and would always get the same bullshit. "We need 2 forms of ID please" Every teller that I had this interaction with accepted something different. Some would take my debit card, some wouldnt. Some would take my PA asbestos license, some wouldnt. Never took my SS card, insurance cards, or anything cards with just name. Last time I went to PNC to do this I had my ltcf, went up to the counter with my check and automatically pulled out 7 different IDs and put them on the counter and told the guy "This is every piece of ID I own, you have to cash my check so choose which ever you like but I need this check cashed" He obviously took my drivers license, but then said that my LTCF (Photo ID), PA Asbestos supervisors license (photo ID), PA unemployment debit card, TD debit card, health insurance card, dental insurance card, exxon gas card, social security card were all not acceptable forms of ID but he would "help me out" just this once and used my debit card.

Unfuckingbelievable!!! I HATE BANKS!!!!
    -=pardon me while I burn and rise above the flames=-

(Cumberland County)

I went to visit a buddy in Oregon. Flew out only to realize when I was there that my license was expired, but still got through security at the airport. Went to visit a big group at the bar one night and the guy wouldn't let me in with an expired license. So I pull out my LTCF and he just laughs and says no way. We go on and on. And it doesn't end until I yell for my buddies and he gets all his buddies and about 25 guys leave the bar and its now empty. I laugh and now the guy tries to say he will accept it. I laughed and moved on to a bar that didnt have a problem with it

I closed my wells Fargo accounts for several reasons. The straw that broke the camel was last year when they Fired a long term employee because when he was 10 or 11 years old, he's was at the time of the firing 67 Yrs old, he used a wooden nickle with a string attached to get a pop out of a soda machine and got caught.

Fuck Wells Fargo!

CL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast