Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Wyoming County)

Default Medicine and 2A rights

I've been deeply disturbed lately at the politicians ideas to thrust the fate of firearms ownership into the hands of physicians. I understand that as physicians the wealth of personal knowledge is at your fingertips, and it is only prudent to stop devastating events from occurring when possible. There has been numerous warning signs from mad and crazed gunmen and if changed the action protocols could have been acted upon. In the same breath though I don't think people understand how this is going to change the patient physician interaction. This interaction is based upon trust. How could a patient fully trust a physician when they know that at this individuals indiscretion their second amendment rights could be taken away? I don't think this is medicines place to be part of the second amendment talks. When a physician puts a white coat on there is no prejudice, no assumptions, no judgement of others period. There are many things I have seen that go against my religion, ideals, values, but I have no right to interject. Physicians are there to give medical opinion, advise people on healthy living, do what they can for individuals well being emotionally, socially, and physically. This is a topic that we should advance carefully and thoughtfully, not based on emotion.

Edit: This goes for all medical staff in my opinion.

Sorry to dump my rant on here, had to get that one out. Hopefully Toomey's phone is clear so I can contact him on this matter.
    Last edited by shooker8; May 1st, 2013 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Title change
    "I quote no authors but God and experience" Principles Osteopathy