Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default PLEASE I NEED SOME INSIGHT

hello i have a multi part question here more-so about gun ownership. I would like to purchase a few firearms ive been law abiding my whole life with no reason i personally could not . however my father in law lives with me and he has just been released on parole from a misdemeanor dui and in his past 25+years ago had a substantial record with quite a few felonies including atempted murder i beleive tampering of a firearm aggrevated assault and a few others is there any way for me to still own and any way for him to get his right to bear arms restored

Default Re: PLEASE I NEED SOME INSIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by enzokilla View Post
    hello i have a multi part question here more-so about gun ownership. I would like to purchase a few firearms ive been law abiding my whole life with no reason i personally could not . however my father in law lives with me and he has just been released on parole from a misdemeanor dui and in his past 25+years ago had a substantial record with quite a few felonies including atempted murder i beleive tampering of a firearm aggrevated assault and a few others is there any way for me to still own and any way for him to get his right to bear arms restored
    Yes to both of you questions. Yes, you can still own firearms and yes he could get his right to bear arms restored.

Now, in reality, I highly doubt your father in law will ever get his firearms rights back.

I am not a lawyer. I highly recommend contacting an attorney fully versed in firearm laws, pardons, and expungements. There is one on this forum who has many clients and has been successful in his law practice. His handle on this forum: Gunlawyer.

Also, this forum has this thing called a "SEARCH" function. You, believe it or not, are not the first person to ask the exact same question. A little research on your own can go a LONG way!

CL

(Northampton County)

I highly doubt anyone on here would want his rights restored ....

You have two issues here (assuming you're comfortable having him around in the first place):

1) He's clearly a prohibited person, and can NEVER be in possession of -- or have access to -- ANY firearms or ammunition. From your description, that sounds like a permanent condition (a pardon sounds highly unlikely). You'd need to secure them so that he never has access to them.

2) As long as he's on parole, it's almost certain that Philadelphia prohibits him from living anywhere with weapons present -- no matter how "inaccessible" to him.

(Westmoreland County)

I don't mean to sound harsh but why in the name of God do you have this person living in your home and potentially endangering your family? It's like having a cupboard full of toxic waste in open containers in your home. Sure the stuff is contained now but just barely. It's a nasty situation just waiting to happen.

Is it me or do all the folks asking questions like this always seem to just type on and on and on and on with no grammar or punctuation and never seem to quit

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nucking Futs View Post
    Is it me or do all the folks asking questions like this always seem to just type on and on and on and on with no grammar or punctuation and never seem to quit
    The Bloomberg school does not teach grammar.

(Lehigh County)

Autobots

0 poster, their first post, run on sentences, no punctuation. seen them many times before.