Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm Stumped

(Northampton County)

Default I'm Stumped

Im sure some of you have seen the Humans4Targets channel on youtube, and I'm wondering, how the hell does this guy have a Glock 18C? He doesn't appear to be a law enforcement type and I cant find any info about him being a class 3 dealer. He does the review of the gun in his car presumably on the side of a busy highway, which just seems really shady. Says its his "work" gun. WTF?

If you haven't seen the video, check it out, search "FULL AUTO Glock 18C (work gun)

What say you?

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: I'm Stumped

Could he own it?

(Northampton County)

Not that I know of. As far as I know there were no pre 86 registered and transferable 18's. That would mean he would have to be high level law enforcement or a class 3 dealer that could obtain a sample, and even then he could NOT personally own one. He says he carries it CCW. Something is just fishy about the whole thing

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by 10PointHunter View Post
    Not that I know of. far as I know there were no pre 86 registered and transferable 18's. That would mean he would have to be high level law enforcement or a class 3 dealer that could obtain a sample, and even then he could NOT personally own one. He says he carries it CCW.Something is just fishy about the whole thing
    Yeah I just saw that they were only made after 86.
    No idea then

(Northampton County)

The rumor is there are two converted Glocks equivalent to the G18 that are transferable. The same rumor says the one that sold most recently went for ~ $100K.

Someone on this forum has one but I do not know if that is one of the transferable ones. I am guessing yes because his primary occupation is not a gun dealer. But once you have that kind of scratch for a gun, you can buy into a gun dealership or SOT anyway. Which is why even the most expensive transferable MGs (highly historical aside) such as M249s and Miniguns max out at $100K - $250K. You get to a point on the dollar scale that rich people simply decide to start or invest in a business and get all the goodies instead of just one gun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL7DlOhR0eM

Here is the video of him shooting the Glock 18C. Not sure how he has one, but judging by the face that he shows his face in this video...I'm guessing he is a Class III FFL with a demo letter.

(Chester County)

The better question, at least for me, is why would anyone CC a full auto handgun?
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    The rumor is there are two converted Glocks equivalent to the G18 that are transferable. The same rumor says the one that sold most recently went for ~ $100K.

Someone on this forum has one but I do not know if that is one of the transferable ones. I am guessing yes because his primary occupation is not a gun dealer. But once you have that kind of scratch for a gun, you can buy into a gun dealership or SOT anyway. Which is why even the most expensive transferable MGs (highly historical aside) such as M249s and Miniguns max out at $100K - $250K. You get to a point on the dollar scale that rich people simply decide to start or invest in a business and get all the goodies instead of just one gun.

The one he shows in the video does not appear to be a conversion, as in the conversion with that hammer-looking device on the back of the slide, but rather has the selector switch on the left side, as well as the slide being marked "18C" so its definitely an orginal factory gun as far as I can tell.

Who knows, maybe he knows somebody who knows somebody, but I was under the impression that a post '86 import machine pistol was impossible to own and tote around under your coat unless your a member of some Fed agency or SWAT operator.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ATBackpackin View Post
    The better question, at least for me, is why would anyone CC a full auto handgun?
    Because that's how awesome I am.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ATBackpackin View Post
    I agree, I guess just for the taboo factor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast