Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Yet another encounter with a New Yorker.....

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    Damn. I don't even worry about fuel until 180 miles. I've gone 200+ on multiple occasions. 2007 Suzuki V-Strom 650.

well ive gone almost 150 miles before the light came on before...but my VTX is 1800cc's so its nearly 3 times as large as your suzuki :P

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by CB57 View Post
    Maybe you should have a bible on the other hip, and then you could remind folks of what the _____ said about small town Pennsylvanians.
    That's why I want to get this Shirt:http://www.henryrifles.com/st-t-shirt-guns-religion.cfm

When I do I'll be wearing it regularly.

(Monroe County)

New bikes have a guage and or a light. Older bikes have a fuel petcock with a reserve. I can go from Easton to Brodheadsvile on reserve.
    He either stole the bike of is a couple pallets short of a full load.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRaider5 View Post
    That's why I want to get this Shirt:http://www.henryrifles.com/st-t-shirt-guns-religion.cfm

When I do I'll be wearing it regularly.
    That's a great item. Now, if only the holster were real.

(Delaware County)

In general, the liberal NY element are PITAs. I have a cousin from whom, when we were kids, I was inseparable. He was always a bit of a wuss but was bearable and we had a lot of common interests. After he got married, to a NY'er, he moved to NYS and fell off the far left cliff (voted for Hillary and Obama, etc.).

He moved back to PA a couple years ago and invited my wife and I for dinner. He knew I carried and pointedly told me to not bring my gun to his house. That, pretty much, sealed the deal and we declined his invitation. I haven't spoken with him since. Actually, I think it's his wife that beat him over the head about it - I never did like her very much.

way to stereotype millions of people you've never met, going by one cousin. the people in rural upstate NY are very pro gun and very pissed about the new laws. in almost any state the larger metro areas will likely have more liberal antigun folks than the rural places. I'm pro gun and carry and wouldn't want any and all people that come into my home to be packing, would you? I believe out of respect to the homeowner you should let him know your packing and respect his choice. his house his rules. even in the burbs in NY there are very many hunters/pro gun people, and the #'s seem to be increasing drastically since the new laws.

(Bucks County)

I would allow you to carry into my home IF I knew you as well as this guy's cousin did, even if the wifey said no. My wife is ok with it here. It would be in anyones best interest to clear it with the homeowner first. I will agree to the part about the millions of other NY'rs that are pissed about the SAFE laws. They suck.

(Beaver County)

Thumbs up Re: Yet another encounter with a New Yorker.....

It's good that you declined the invitation rather than violate your cousin's wishes by concealing a weapon and carrying it into his home.
    The first one to use the word "sheeple" automatically loses the argument.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by nachogrande View Post
    way to stereotype millions of people you've never met, going by one cousin. the people in rural upstate NY are very pro gun and very pissed about the new laws. in almost any state the larger metro areas will likely have more liberal antigun folks than the rural places.
    And how many of the elected representatives of rural upstate NY voted against the bill?

Quote Originally Posted by nachogrande View Post
    way to stereotype millions of people you've never met, going by one cousin. the people in rural upstate NY are very pro gun and very pissed about the new laws. in almost any state the larger metro areas will likely have more liberal antigun folks than the rural places. I'm pro gun and carry and wouldn't want any and all people that come into my home to be packing, would you? I believe out of respect to the homeowner you should let him know your packing and respect his choice. his house his rules. even in the burbs in NY there are very many hunters/pro gun people, and the #'s seem to be increasing drastically since the new laws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill67 View Post
    I would allow you to carry into my home IF I knew you as well as this guy's cousin did, even if the wifey said no. My wife is ok with it here. It would be in anyones best interest to clear it with the homeowner first. I will agree to the part about the millions of other NY'rs that are pissed about the SAFE laws. They suck.
    Wow, you guys know people or have friends that don't carry guns? I wonder what life would be like if I had friends or knew people like that??????

Fact is, anyone that comes to my home unarmed would be eyed with suspicion.

CL

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast