Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: Philadelphia residents on what to do if ordered to shelter ????

First and foremost, the city says residents should be prepared to shelter in place for at least three days, which means stocking supplies like medications, food, batteries, drinking water, flashlights and more inside of an emergency kit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATBackpackin View Post
    I thought this was exactly the same thing that got one labeled as a possible terrorist???
    Or a right wing, tin-foil hat wearing, lunatic doomsdayer. Either way, it seems that people that are actually prepared for disasters, whether natural or man-made, are stigmatized. Think back to Hurricane Sandy where the unprepared people tried to label the people who had their own generators as greedy, over-wealthy people who got to live off the grid because they were so rich and were entitled to things like generators while the poor slobs who couldn't afford them were stuck without electricity. Those people planned ahead and were prepared but were labeled because they chose to do so. Haven't these stupid people ever been told the story of the ant and the grasshopper...?

Either way, if there is a natural disaster or civil unrest, there's no way that ANYONE is getting into my house unless invited. That includes police trying to remove peoples 4th amendment rights by going door to door looking for a suspect. If I say he's not there, you're not coming in unless you have a warrant.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Philadelphia residents on what to do if ordered to shelter ????

Quote Originally Posted by dosequis View Post
    The terminology needs to be changed to: "Cower in place".
    Back when I jumped from perfectly good aircraft we had a saying "DIP" or "Die in place". That would make more sense when you come to rely on the Govt. to help you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12