Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Butler County)

Default A Must Own Gun...Beretta PX4 sub in .40 S&W!

If you haven't had the opportunity to shoot the Beretta PX4 Subcompact in
    .40 S&W you are missing out on a fantastic handgun! I've owned a Glock 27 and the Beretta PX4 sub for almost six months now and in my own opinion, which involves over 1000 rounds through each, the Glock cannot even come close to the accuracy and comfort of the Beretta. I know all about the Glock dependability and surefire with every trigger pull but after 1000 rounds in each gun, neither has had one FTF or FTE or any other hang-up. I've carried both concealed IWb and notice no difference whatsoever. Regarding accuracy, the Beretta wins hands down. I can shoot one-two inch groups @ 7 yards with my Beretta but can only manage 6-7 inch groups with my Glock. Just thought I'd give you all a head's up regarding this wonderful handgun if you were considering purchasing one.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: A Must Own Gun...Beretta PX4 sub in .40 S&W!

Tried one in 9mm. Not a bad weapon, but it's a tad on the thick/chunky side and never fit my hand right. Ran into similar issues with the G26 after awhile too. I have no issues keeping a 2-inch group at 7yrds with any weapon I own, but the Px4 does seem to shoot softer than the comparable Glock to me. Glad you're pleased with the Px4, I'm considering trying their new compact variant in the near future...

im am not a subcompact type of guy but I do want the full size px4 9mm BADLY. I have heard great things about the weapon and im looking forward to adding one to the collection. I been keeping my eyes out for a deal on a used one but unfortunately they dont hit the used market often.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by taurus.38 View Post
    .40 S&W you are missing out on a fantastic handgun! I've owned a Glock 27 and the Beretta PX4 sub for almost six months now and in my own opinion, which involves over 1000 rounds through each, the Glock cannot even come close to the accuracy and comfort of the Beretta. I know all about the Glock dependability and surefire with every trigger pull but after 1000 rounds in each gun, neither has had one FTF or FTE or any other hang-up. I've carried both concealed IWb and notice no difference whatsoever. Regarding accuracy, the Beretta wins hands down. I can shoot one-two inch groups @ 7 yards with my Beretta but can only manage 6-7 inch groups with my Glock. Just thought I'd give you all a head's up regarding this wonderful handgun if you were considering purchasing one.
    I want to love my px4 storm compact 9mm so badly, but I just can't figure it out. I shoot fairly well, and don't have many issues. But from day one, I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it. Even when I got as close as 10 or 12 feet ! So, I purchased new adjustable sights, and figured that would solve the problem - not ! In order to dial it in, I've had to adjust the elevation all the way out, and the windage several clicks off center - the sights look ridiculous because they are adjusted so far out ! I would say it's me - but dozens of handguns and no issues - only this one ??? Very confused
    Last edited by cruzans; May 1st, 2011 at 05:50 PM.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    I want to love my px4 storm compact 9mm so badly, but I just can't figure it out. I shoot fairly well, and don't have many issues. But from day one, I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it. Even when I got as close as 10 or 12 feet ! So, I purchased new adjustable sights, and figured that would solve the problem - not ! In order to dial it in, I've had to adjust the elevation all the way out, and the windage several clicks off center - the sights look ridiculous because they are adjusted so far out ! I would say it's me - but dozens of handguns and no issues - only this one ??? Very confused
    I would contact Beretta and let them figure out the issue. I'm sure it is a glitch of some sort.

im a huge fan of berreta pistols and shot a 92 for over twenty years and loved it for many reasons.

never appreciated a glock for more then a tool in the chest.

that changed last fall when i watched a guy hit a small clay at 50yrds with his third shot. off hand.

that being said i would choose the px4 for familiarities sake alone in this instance as i dont observe much physical differance in the two pistols as far as concealability,shootability and or reliability
    To err is human, to be prepared divine

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by taurus.38 View Post
    The px4 weighs 7oz more than a G27. Or the equivalent of ALSO carrying a keltec p3at. That's why it shoots softer. I also find that hardly an unnoticeable difference for IWB carry. As chunky as the Glock is, the px4 is 1/3 of an inch wider. It also comes with 1/2" less barrel.

So exactly where do the advantages start?

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    The px4 weighs 7oz more than a G27. Or the equivalent of ALSO carrying a keltec p3at. That's why it shoots softer. I also find that hardly an unnoticeable difference for IWB carry. As chunky as the Glock is, the px4 is 1/3 of an inch wider. It also comes with 1/2" less barrel.

So exactly where do the advantages start?
    Advantage is that someone considering purchasing a handgun can look for advice on this forum when possibly looking for it. Hopefully any educated individual would first personally check out each firearm prior to purchasing one. You are exactly right with your play on words for the site...everyone has one but some peoples just smell a heck of a lot worse.

I bought mines in 45acp it is a unique and different looking gun. It has all the new features that the modern gun need and has. It is one of the most ergonomic guns that I own with the fit you rear grip panels. It has a sleek grip that feels good in the hand. It has features that absorbs felt recoil that helps shooters shoot more accurately.

It doesn't seem to have the overall reliability of the 92/96 series it is a more durable design. The accuracy seem near the same. Enjoy your PX4 40 cal I hear that it is near a 15 shot gun, whereas the 45 is one mag is 9 rounds and the other is 8. I don't why they did that.