Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: Semi-Concealed Carry : )

I carry a G19 IWB with just a t-shirt in the summer. Sometimes I OC, and sometimes I carry OWB with an open button-down shirt (which exposes the Glock sometimes)...

I just go with what is comfortable, and if someone notices the gun, I really don't care.

(Philadelphia County)

XDM 45, CC. Lost some weight last year so the pistol makes my clothes fit right

I carry a 1911 3" Compact and use a IWB holster in the summer. The gun prints when I wear a tshit and I really don't care. If my shirt rides up it,it doesn't bother me and fix it when I feel like it. No one even notices anyway.
    In the winter I use a OWB holster and just wear my jacket unzipped.

(Lebanon County)

A few years ago I saw the term here as "casual carry". I do what I gotta do, and if someone sees my glock 17 while I do it, oh well!
    si vis pacem, para bellum

(Cambria County)

Cool Re: Semi-Concealed Carry : )

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRaider5 View Post
    I carry a Hi-Point C-9 [I know, shut up unless you want to contribute to the G19 fund].
    What is that supposed to mean? Are people still on the "Hi Point's suck" vendetta? Unbelievable that people make excuses for they're expensive guns that should never misfire or jam do and then complain about the 200 dollar hi point... Anyways

On Topic: I carry my Hi Point 45 JHP CC 95% of the time. I have no problem concealing it and it's one of the biggest ( first person to bring up deagle's just delete your account xD ) reasonable caliber pistols I have ever carried. When I'm riding the cruiser, I don't care who see's it, because honestly 85% of people don't notice even when you're OC and the other 15% only notice because they're focused on trying to be a bad driver and ride your ass, which they soon desist... For anyone that want's to know, my hi point fires reliably... The only issue I had was the after the first round fired the slide got stuck and didn't chamber cartridge #2. I blame limpwristing, I was quite giddy and after that I fixed my grip and fired flawlessly. No problems since.

(Mercer County)

Unless I absolutely must conceal, I don't care who sees the gun.

Hi points are just fine for what they are; an inexpensive pot metal handgun. I really don't get into badmouthing anyone's choice of carry gun, as long as it works for them. That said, it simply isn't a Glock, springer, or smith. That is based off my experience with 5 of their C9s which have come through my classes. All of them choked.

The argument that "people who buy more expensive guns run down the people who buy less expensive guns" can also be applied the other way, in that people who buy less expensive guns run down people who chose not to.

I get the "what gun should I buy" question VERY regularly. I always tell people to buy the highest quality firearm they can afford. If that's a hi point, it's okay. If its a $5,000 super grade tactical, that's fine too. But remember, if you ever need to employ a carry gun to defend either yourself or a loved one, in that instant you'd give every dollar you have to your name to possess the best gun you can buy.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by HUHwhat View Post
    Just wondering if anyone here carries a full-sized pistol, in an inside the waist band holster, but doesn't give a fuck if it's showing?

Or does it feel way to much better to simply OC?
    I carry a fullsize, IWB, but I'm in NY, so I do give a fuck about whether or not it's showing.

I wish I didn't have to.

(Bucks County)

i carry a full size Ruger Sr40 with an iwb holster. in some aspects i care if its noticeable. in some aspects i dont cause i know that im legal either way.i get judged based off the way that i look and dress,i dont fit the look of cc'er.So if i was to open carry i would have to deal with the hassle from the police and people being terrified. im almost to the point of not caring anymore

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12