Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Anyone know where I can find a P220 Compact?

Title pretty much says it all...I'm looking for a new .45, and I've settled on a Sig P220. I'm really digging the 220 Compact, but I've never held one, and I'm a little concerned the grip might be a tad small for me. I've handled and shot several full size 220s, so I know what to expect there, but I'd like a smaller pistol to give me the option of carrying, and I just don't want to buy a compact without handling one first. Anyone know of any shops which have a 220 Compact in stock?

(Chester County)

Default Re: Anyone know where I can find a P220 Compact?

I have a 245. it is almost exactly the same gun as the 220 compact. I also have huge gorilla hands (xxxl glove size) The 245 is an excellent fit for me. It is smaller obviously but well within the range of comfortable. It is of course best to actually shoot one but for what its worth they are great guns including for people with big hands.

Thanks Rookie, that's good to hear. My hands aren't enormous, but they aren't tiny either. I have a SP2022, which has a grip which is smaller than the standard 220, and it works just fine for me, just a little nervous about buying a gun I've never had a chance to hold. Guess if I can't find one, I'll probably just bite the bullet and get it anyway, I've never been disappointed with the way any Sig has felt or shot.

(Monroe County)

To be honest i have never seen one in the stores, SIG must not have made many of them.

I have the 220 carry , which is a 220 with a shorter barrel and slide and frame, its one of my favorites, i just retired it to the safe until next winter.

You might be able to find one online, the 245 is the same gun but without a rail.

Well, I found one yesterday, 220 Compact SAS Gen 2. Found it at Elk County Ammo and Arms, which was a really nice shop too FWIW. Great selection, helpful friendly staff, and good prices too. I went back and forth between the Compact and a Full size 220 Elite Dark, settled on the Compact. Sorry, no pics yet, I haven't even had time to clean it yet. Hoping to get it cleaned up and get a few rounds through it today. The SAS met all my requirements, night sights, SRT, and its noticably smaller than the full size. As long as it shoots well, I'll be very happy with my purchase.