Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Important Alerts

It may have already been suggested or in action but, I'm thinking of an alert system where a PM or email is sent out for things like polls. For example I just stumbled upon a thread with a link to the nbc10 poll of wether or not mayor nutjobs laws should be enforced. Perhaps there could be a way to "subscribe" to getting an alert sent to you whenever something like that comes up so more of us can get involved faster. I imagine if a pafoa mass email went out everyone would vote in such polls etc.. I'm sure there have been many such threads I've missed.

Just an idea.
    "But, when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security." Dec of Ind.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Important Alerts

Alerts ARE sent out for important things like the recent rally in Harrisburg.

Those are a bit more important than a poll for a news station in my opinion.
    Personally, I'd get pissed if I kept getting "alerts" to go "hit" some poll that has little to no impact in regards to our rights as firearm owners.

Nothing wrong with suggesting things, thanks for your thoughts!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Important Alerts

Yeah I got the alert for Hburg, Thats why I was saying maybe it could be something you subscribe to. And no the polls arent that important but the more we have our views in the mainstream the better. If everytime there is a question on some news web site or if there is going to be a "call in" program airing on tv or radio we where notified it would greatly push our cause.
    "But, when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security." Dec of Ind.