Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Boston Bombers shootout in photos

http://deadspin.com/the-first-photos...ooto-477881348

Sry if a repost.

Now I think I know the answer, but what would you have done if you peered out your window and saw that.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Boston Bombers shootout in photos

epic photos from 1990 camera...major score...its 2013 people where are the DSLR's

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by CivilianArsenal View Post
    http://deadspin.com/the-first-photos...ooto-477881348

Sry if a repost.

Now I think I know the answer, but what would you have done if you peered out your window and saw that.
    This might not be the popular answer, but I would take cover... I would not get involved in anything until I had no other choice (i.e. the suspects decided to break into my home). Would you really want to chance engaging with them? If police saw guns being fired from your home, who's to say they wouldn't think it was additional suspects and return fire your way?

Engaging with them, in my opinion, is putting you, your family, and anyone else in your house at risk - a risk much greater than that of a gun fight going on outside of your house.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ah0873 View Post
    This might not be the popular answer, but I would take cover... I would not get involved in anything until I had no other choice (i.e. the suspects decided to break into my home). Would you really want to chance engaging with them? If police saw guns being fired from your home, who's to say they wouldn't think it was additional suspects and return fire your way?

Engaging with them, in my opinion, is putting you, your family, and anyone else in your house at risk - a risk much greater than that of a gun fight going on outside of your house.
    This is def a great answer. I think I would be ready in case they tried to do something to my house but, otherwise stay out of it. It would be too easy to go rambo in that situation.

To play devils advocate though, what if you did nothing and a few officers were injured/killed, I may feel remorse for not getting involved.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Svickstc View Post
    epic photos from 1990 camera...major score...its 2013 people where are the DSLR's
    Looks like phone cam pics that are terrible in any kind of low light. Or possibly a security camera.

If there was a shootout in front of my house id be in the basement with my family, AR, M&P 40, and all the loaded mags I had. But there would be video from my security camera.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Dauphin County)

That makes me think. What is the legality of engaging a suspect if they are shooting at police.

Now I know in PA compared to MA, the laws differ. But, in PA wouldnt it fall under the fear of bodily harm to another individual and be justified.

Im absolutely not advocating rambo behavior im just curious. The world is a scary place and we never know what situations may take place.

(Chester County)

Agree.. not great quality photos, but i appears he was taking pictures thru the window with a screen in place, at night. Most cameras would produce a less than stellar image under those conditions.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by CivilianArsenal View Post
    That makes me think. What is the legality of engaging a suspect if they are shooting at police.
    I don't know about the legality. But I think the reality of the situation is the police will identify you as a perpetrator and not someone trying to help. Also you are not looped into command and control and have no idea what the officers next moves are that very well could put them in your line of fire.

My non legal advice. Hunker down inside in a position you can easily defend anything that comes through the door is engaged.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Washington County)

Definitely gather the family and seek cover. The only way I could see getting involved is if the police were pinned down and I had some unique vantage point where one easy shot could end it. I believe that scenario is highly unlikely however.

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

(Erie County)

Huh? He took those with an IPhone5. It is stated in his blog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast