Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Township Supervisor Tells Reporter NRA Had Me Enforce Preemption Violation

I posted a few months ago the East Rockhill Township, where I live, was in violation of the PA Uniform Firearms Code by not allowing firearms in the township parks. I sent a letter to the township and they then went through the process of changing it to comply. They finalized that on April 16th. So, all is well.

Except, I see in a copy of the local paper that one of the Supervisors stated that a resident brought the violation to their attention and that the NRA has all their members checking for these types of things.

As you know, and the Supervisor knows, the NRA did not have anything to do with me pointing out the preemption violation. I brought it to their attention to help get all the laws uniform in the state which was the original point of the state law. The supervisor, who is probably anti-gun or a Fudd, has decided to blame the NRA since the news story is likely to get some residents fired up.

I'm a bit fired up right now about the NRA comment so I'm looking for some opinions. Should I just let this go or should I:

1. Contact the supervisor and ask where he got his information that the NRA had me "do this." Or,

2. Contact the reporter and give him the correct story. Or,

3. Forget about it as I accomplished what I set out to do knowing that politicians will always flip and flop to spin things the way the want them.

What's your thoughts?

Here's part of the published story along with a link to the entire story. By the way, the township also dealt with someone shooting the AK on their own property and a neighbor complaint that night. You can read about it too.

East Rockhill Township has removed a rule barring firearms from parks and other township-owned property and replaced it with language acknowledging the Pennsylvania Uniform Firearms Act, not the municipality, sets the rules.

“It ties the carrying and use of firearms to the state law,” Patrick Armstrong, East Rockhill’s solicitor, said.

The change comes after a resident raised the issue, the East Rockhill Township Board of Supervisors said at the April 16 township meeting.

Many other towns have made a similar change, board member David Nyman said.

“The NRA has asked their members to check with the municipalities to make sure they’re in compliance,” Nyman said.

A letter sent to the township in response to the notice of a change in the firearms laws raised the possibility of Second Amendment violations, board member Jim Nietupski said.

“We are not looking to do that at all,” Nietupski said. “We are just putting our ordinance in compliance with state law.”

CLICK HERE For Full Story

(Erie County)

Default Re: Township Supervisor Tells Reporter NRA Had Me Enforce Preemption Violation

haters will hate
    live to ride

Default Re: Township Supervisor Tells Reporter NRA Had Me Enforce Preemption Violation

Add to the comments that You did this as a private citizen and the NRA had NOTHING to do with local ordinances which violate the preemption state statute.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Bucks County)

Call reporter. A lie left hanging becomes the truth.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Call reporter. A lie left hanging becomes the truth.
    That's what I would do. I would think the paper would jump on it.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Bucks County)

I would recommend 1. Contact the supervisor and ask where he got his information that the NRA had me "do this." Only ask him at a township meeting so your question and his answer is recorded in the minutes.

I have heard Nyman bend the truth before. Hold him accountable in the public eye, that is where he made the statement in question.

North Carolina, formerly from PA, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Jim8300 View Post
    I would recommend 1. Contact the supervisor and ask where he got his information that the NRA had me "do this." Only ask him at a township meeting so your question and his answer is recorded in the minutes.

I have heard Nyman bend the truth before. Hold him accountable in the public eye, that is where he made the statement in question.
    Agree. Politely ask a simple one- or two-sentence question at the meeting and watch him either hem and haw or get belligerent in public. Then, call the reporter and set her straight about the supervisor's answer. He's obviously upset that an ordinary citizen had the gall to make the township follow the law rather than make up their own rules. Too bad for him.

(Bucks County)

Actually a lie remains a lie till the end of time. Idiots believing a lie does not make it magically turn into the truth. I would bypass the reporter as it seems like he quoted correctly. I would forget the Supervisor as well since its a meaningless victory even if he concedes. And who knows, the NRA may indeed have put a guidance on the matter.

Me? I would take my victory and go home but if it bothers you so much write a OP-ED or Letter to the Editor spelling out the issue and why you took the action you did.

BTW, I also live in East Rockhill Township so +Rep coming your way.

(Chester County)

I would get the story straight with the reporter so they understand unlike the anti gun left and squishy rinos we can take action on our own without any prompting from any organization and that we are able to think and do for ourselves.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Do 1 AND 2. And also take it to other news sources.

What is disturbing is that there is now such animosity towards the NRA from a certain segment that they are pretty much at this point almost like a mythical boogieman.

I try to educate people by informing them that the NRA does in fact represent over 5 million Americans. This is hardly a small number of people and is not a "fringe element". It also does not jive with the idea that the NRA only represent "the gun industry" (who are also comprised of American business owners and workers.)

Finally, the fact that someone is whining about having to FOLLOW THE LAW is just mind boggling to me.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast