Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default LRGC Practical Rifle Shoot

APRIL 26TH 1000

LRGC PRACTICAL RIFLE

SHORT COURSE

For directions click on the below link....

http://www.langhornerodandgunclub.org/Location.htm

The April Practical Rifle shoot will be held on the short range, which is accessed by driving through the main gate, and proceeding past the left side of the clubhouse, and down the hill.

This is our “short course” month, which will focus on closer distances, with a maximum of 50 yards. This is a great opportunity to get that SBR out and give it a good workout. If you are bringing an NFA item, remember to travel with appropriate paperwork. LE may compete with a department issue select-fire rifle so long as it is fired only on semi-auto.

For logistical reasons, we regret that we will not be able to run a precision CoF this month.

There will be both a shotgun stage, and a pistol stage in addition to several rifle stages. If you do not own a shotgun or pistol, please bring appropriate ammunition, and there will probably be someone kind enough to lend. If you use an optic with backup irons, bring all tools required to remove the primary optic and expose the backup irons. An optic greater than 4x will not be well suited to this CoF. A rifle with a high powered scope that can't be removed and no BUIS is also a poor choice, and depending on the nature of the configuration, we may not permit such a rig to be used.

Ammunition requirements are as follows:

Rifle: Any centerfire semi-auto (AR, M4, Mini-14, Kalashnikov, etc) 150 rounds (FIVE MAGAZINES THIS TIME) Pistol caliber long arms are also welcome.

Pistol: 20 rounds

Shotgun: 20 rounds (buckshot preferred, no slugs)

Targets will be a mixture of Reactive, and paper.

Standard range safety gear is mandatory, including a CHAMBER FLAG.

Match fee is $15 non members, $10 members.

If you're coming, please email langhorne@langhornerodandgunclub.org

and let us know how many are coming.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: LRGC Practical Rifle Shoot

Sounds like tremendous fun. Would that I had the time for this, M1 Carbine would be ideal for this. Do you make provisions for complete novices (in competition that is)?

(Montgomery County)

I would love to make it out for this! Sounds like it would be loads of fun.

Proud member of:

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeF View Post
    Sounds like tremendous fun. Would that I had the time for this, M1 Carbine would be ideal for this. Do you make provisions for complete novices (in competition that is)?
    I went and shot with them for the first time last month, and i will be coming out for this shoot too.

They spend a good deal of time going over saftey and the course of fire with the "new" people". They are a great group and never once did i feel out of place being "the new guy". As long as you follow the safety rules things will be fine. You are under no pressure (other than your own) to do well. I honestly didn't feel that I was treated any differently than the guys that come out regularly to the shoots. I honestly felt like part of the group---not a noob outsider.

My suggestion, come on out. If you like to shoot you will be hooked.

(Bucks County)

are any of you members of this club? Every time i go there the gates are locked... i was checking to see about membership price, hours, is there some other younger (under 30) people that go there of whom i could relate to (it's nice seeing another person or two that graduated hs around your year for complaining about the same teachers, how your team sucked at football so and so year, etc)? It seems like that place is always closed... I don't have any pistol yet, but does anyone thats going have a smith and wesson m & p I could use? I fell in love with them and that will probially be my first pistol... is there practice ranges going on too? how does the competition work? point score? will I be using that ammount of ammo max or min? can you tell i'm a new guy because i'm asking so many questions(hehe)?
    my goal: to get every good person in the philly region responsibly armed.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeF View Post

GeorgeF,

Yes indeed we do. Please arrive by 9:30am for a safety orientation. The M1 carbine will be a perfect choice for this event as the furtherest distance is 50 yards.

Regards,
    Gary

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    I went and shot with them for the first time last month, and i will be coming out for this shoot too.

They spend a good deal of time going over saftey and the course of fire with the "new" people". They are a great group and never once did i feel out of place being "the new guy". As long as you follow the safety rules things will be fine. You are under no pressure (other than your own) to do well. I honestly didn't feel that I was treated any differently than the guys that come out regularly to the shoots. I honestly felt like part of the group---not a noob outsider.

My suggestion, come on out. If you like to shoot you will be hooked.
    Thank you for the kind words. Safety is are primary focus. We believe you can practice good safety and not be overbearing about it. We want all of our match participants to have fun but do so safely. As you stated, the only pressure you'll feel is that which you place on yourself.

Stay Safe,
    Gary

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ccphilly1984 View Post
    are any of you members of this club? Every time i go there the gates are locked... i was checking to see about membership price, hours, is there some other younger (under 30) people that go there of whom i could relate to (it's nice seeing another person or two that graduated hs around your year for complaining about the same teachers, how your team sucked at football so and so year, etc)? It seems like that place is always closed... I don't have any pistol yet, but does anyone thats going have a smith and wesson m & p I could use? I fell in love with them and that will probially be my first pistol... is there practice ranges going on too? how does the competition work? point score? will I be using that ammount of ammo max or min? can you tell i'm a new guy because i'm asking so many questions(hehe)?
    Let me see if I can answer some of your questions. I am 44 and one of the oldest members of the Practical Rifle program. I would estimate the mean age to be around 30. We do require participants to be 18 years of age or older (with only rare exceptions granted).

The gates are locked due to club rules at all times except for public events like the Practical Rifle shoots. Membership is $75.00 initiation and $150/year I believe. We would be happy to fill you in on all the details at the shoot. If you are unable to make it, please send us an email at the address above.

There is a defined course of fire for our events. Many folks do stay after the match is over to do additional shooting or practice. For safety reasons we have strict control over the firing line and shooting is all match related during the event.

I would suggest bringing at least as much ammo as suggested above. Do not worry about not having a pistol or shotgun. Just bring along some extra factory ammo and someone will lend you the approriate gun. For pistols either 9mm or 45 seems to be the favorites.

The competion is scored as a series of evolutions. Each evolution has a different point value associated to it. If you bomb one, fear not, you could kick ass on the next one and win the overall.

I hope this helped answer some of your questions and we hope to see you at our next event.

Gary
    Co-Chairman
    Practical Rifle Program
    LRGC

(Montgomery County)

Update....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRING EITHER 20 EXTRA PISTOL OR RIFLE ROUNDS AND FIVE DOLLARS FOR A FIFTY FIFTY CHALLENGE SHOOT FOLLOWING THE MATCH!
    Win your match fee right back, plus a lot more. Proceeds help us buy more steel and reactive targets which make the matches more fun and run smoother, so you're a winner either way.

(Montgomery County)

Sadly I do not think I will be able to make it this time around. I was looking froward to it as well.

When will you be having another one of these events, and will it be the same format?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast