Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Guns used in Boston???

I can't seem to find any reports on guns used by the bombers. They were involved in a police shooting and well as shootout with the police. Also, I just read a report that the last suspect put a gun to his mouth in an attempt to kill himself.

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Guns used in Boston???

I saw one article reference an "assault rifle" a couple days ago, but never saw it verified or repeated.

FWIW elder brother Tamerlan was in a scrape over a domestic violence beef, though I do not know if he was convicted. If he did have a domestic violence conviction he would have been prohibited under Brady. The younger brother was only 19 and not legal to possess because of age. Gun control work once more.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    I saw one article reference an "assault rifle" a couple days ago, but never saw it verified or repeated.

FWIW elder brother Tamerlan was in a scrape over a domestic violence beef, though I do not know if he was convicted. If he did have a domestic violence conviction he would have been prohibited under Brady. The younger brother was only 19 and not legal to possess because of age. Gun control work once more.
    He could if it was a rifle. I doubt it was though since running across town with it would of been a dead giveaway.

(Bucks County)

The article I read said you need to be 21 in Massachusetts to own a "gun." I took it to mean any gun but who knows if the writer of he article things a gun is a gun is a gun.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by BobFromBucks View Post
    The article I read said you need to be 21 in Massachusetts to own a "gun." I took it to mean any gun but who knows if the writer of he article things a gun is a gun is a gun.
    That could be it. Another one of those silly age laws. Mine as well just move the voting age back up to 21.

(Wayne County)

Whats going to be interesting is how many times LEOs fired during the whole ordeal and how many times bombers were hit.

I remember hearing the news say "assault weapons" as well as "machine gun" and "full auto" after the first shootout. I doubt any of those were actually the case, or we'd be hearing a LOT more about it since then. The news was siting them using full auto by listening to the videos taken of the shootout and hearing so many gun shots, but they seemed to be ignoring that dozens of cops were all shooting back at the same time.

(Monroe County)

I'm sure it will be said that there was a bushmaster or a handgun with a "high capacity magazine clip"

lol@1:35

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by BobFromBucks View Post
    I'm from Mass ( sadly ) you can own and use a rifle/shotgun at age 15 as long as you acquire a FID card - as far as I know and see, that is still the case as long as it is a long gun and not "high capacity". Anything else, 21. Funny thing is mine says valid "until suspended or revolked" yet last year when I was home and went to a gun show, they would not take it saying many years ago they "voided" them all and everyone's that was old had to re-apply !
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Chester County)

No doubt it was a highly militerized assualt machine gun with ultra high capacity magazine clips and shoulder thing that goes up.
    WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast