Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Poor Misguided Boy-Her Heart Bleeds for The Bombers

Here is a comment in the NY Times about the capture of murderer #2 last night. Reading this, I realized that our battle for all our rights faces the same type of thinking. It is the gun, the gun owners, and the NRA that are responsible for all gun violence. I'm sure this person would make the same comment about Chicago or Philly's poor, misguided killers who daily kill babies, children, or seniors.

I want to know what happened to this person that could influence their thinking to the point that they are willing to make excuses for and be heartbroken over two, cold-blooded murderers. Read it and weep for our children's future.

My heart bleeds for that beautiful boy who died, but also for this young man.

Adolescents are prone to misguided idealism and by their brain science impetuous, unthinking about consequences and gullibile. The pre-frontal cortex (which allows us control and consider the consequences of actions) is undeveloped till around 21 – hence people have always manipulated young men to go to war and do horrible things to other young men and civilians.

Add to this moving from a society where you experienced conflict and your people being crushed, to a country where you may feel different - young people desperately need to be accepted and anything can fill that need - his brother would have been important to him too. I think this young man deserves a fair hearing - it may be radical clerics online who are the real ones with the blood on their hands.

It hardly needs saying either that the injustice in the Middle East, killings of civilians by US soldiers may have fed into his misguided ideals.

Many complex strands led to this situation (like other alienated US youths who have carried out similar acts – the common thread distressed young men)… Simplistic vengeful thinking will not address the underlying reasons.

My heart bleeds for all the people injured and killed in this tragedy, but also for this misguided boy.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Poor Misguided Boy-Her Heart Bleeds for The Bombers

I've got a cure for misguided boys. Public hangings. Start of with the Boston bomber, bring along Jared Loughner, James Holmes and Nidal Malik Hasan. Sell tickets, invite venders. Hell, we'll make a day of it.

(Bucks County)

I like your line of thinking
    Jesus is Lord !

Quote Originally Posted by BobFromBucks View Post

I want to know what happened to this person that could influence their thinking to the point that they are willing to make excuses for and be heartbroken over two, cold-blooded murderers.
    The same thing that lets the militants be brain washed. Refusal to listen to or understand the truth. It allows them to feel unaccountable. If the poor soul that made the quote had any idea where these idealists began, maybe she would be singing a different tune, but then again, you can lead a person onto a lighted path, and 8 times out of 10, they'll backtrack and go down the dark one. It's just plain ignorance and denial.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Quote Originally Posted by BobFromBucks View Post
    My heart bleeds for that beautiful boy who died, but also for this young man.

Adolescents are prone to misguided idealism and by their brain science impetuous, unthinking about consequences and gullibile. The pre-frontal cortex (which allows us control and consider the consequences of actions) is undeveloped till around 21 – hence people have always manipulated young men to go to war and do horrible things to other young men and civilians.

Add to this moving from a society where you experienced conflict and your people being crushed, to a country where you may feel different - young people desperately need to be accepted and anything can fill that need - his brother would have been important to him too. I think this young man deserves a fair hearing - it may be radical clerics online who are the real ones with the blood on their hands.

It hardly needs saying either that the injustice in the Middle East, killings of civilians by US soldiers may have fed into his misguided ideals.

Many complex strands led to this situation (like other alienated US youths who have carried out similar acts – the common thread distressed young men)… Simplistic vengeful thinking will not address the underlying reasons.

My heart bleeds for all the people injured and killed in this tragedy, but also for this misguided boy.
    How about US soldiers killed by civilians? Yea. Sounds different now, doesn't it, bitch?

Misguided? This *boy* and his brother have been in the US since they were young children. He is over 18 years old, and according to law, 100% responsible for his actions. Unless they can prove he's retarded, which I'm sure some bleeding heart lawyer will attempt.

I met Chechens in A-stan. A lot of them came down with a horrible case of bullet in the mouth. It was an epidemic. It was almost like they were contracting it, despite being *tourists* in a country where a war was happening, while they were just minding their own business setting up IEDs. F this kid, F the woman who wrote this article.

(Chester County)

I am freaking sick and tired of people spouting off about how the brain isn't fully developed until around the age of 25, as if this is a way to alleviate young adults of responsibility for their actions. While this is absolutely true, what they do not tell you is that they are mostly developed and that they positively knew what they were doing is wrong.

A lot of people who do not have strong morals and convictions will only do what is expected of them. If we do not expect them to take responsibility for their actions then they will not. If we do not expect them to act like young adults then they will act like children and so on.

On the contrary if you hold people to high expectations then they will do all they can to rise and meet the demand. We need to hold our fellow Americans to high expectations once more if we ever want to get our country back.

Shawn
    Last edited by ATBackpackin; April 20th, 2013 at 03:29 PM.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

(Westmoreland County)

This is the same line of thinking, rather not thinking, that let people follow Hitler, Mussolini and many other despots blindly. The same rationale that lets these people 'feel' the base tenets derived during the founding of our nation are moot and misguided to begin with.

It's like a vicious circle. These people will not 'wake up' even though the framework for individual freedom, prosperity, equality and rights were provided 237 years ago.

(Allegheny County)

I shouldn't have even read this thread. Should have just kept scrolling...
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by fortysix View Post
    How about US soldiers killed by civilians? Yea. Sounds different now, doesn't it, bitch?

Misguided? This *boy* and his brother have been in the US since they were young children. He is over 18 years old, and according to law, 100% responsible for his actions. Unless they can prove he's retarded, which I'm sure some bleeding heart lawyer will attempt.

I met Chechens in A-stan. A lot of them came down with a horrible case of bullet in the mouth. It was an epidemic. It was almost like they were contracting it, despite being *tourists* in a country where a war was happening, while they were just minding their own business setting up IEDs. F this kid, F the woman who wrote this article.
    He is 100% accountable for his actions. I however do see this boy as another victim of whatever influenced him. There are many ideals out there that misguide people or they simply do not fully comprehend them.

It is up to us the survivors to look at this subjectively and improve as individuals to better ourselves and provide future generations the right values to continue to live on. I don't necessarily think just hanging the kid and be done with it is the right course of action. All it does is sate a ill gotten need for blood lust that will result in filling no holes and solving any problems.

(Indiana County)

Everytime another Liberal is voted into office, another 1000 mindless liberal followers get their pen...

This is how we have gotten to this point, liberalism is a mental disorder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast