Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default "Gun Control Fail. Now What?"

For everyone asking, "Now what?"

Check out this video from HossUSMC, stand-up guy and great You Tuber: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOFCG7CN8lY

The core of his suggestions center around going on a broad legislative offensive, which I know we all agree with. Metcalf's bill is an example we should all get behind.

However, I particularly like his strong suggestion that we begin to draft our own bills. Then drop those bills on our reps' desks. That would be real "We the People" type of action that this country needs so badly.

We take back the country by participating in the political process directly and with our own voice.

I'm tired of waiting for the next "great man" to come along and restore our Republic. And I'm certainly done with cowards, oath-breakers and traitors in Harrisburg and DC.

The fact that we are not professional politicians is our greatest strength. We'll get the law wrong, we'll have to think through the details of how our suggestions will work, we'll have to study the legal and political process. We'll educate ourselves and form networks in the process.

Small groups are probably the best way to start any drafts, but wanted to put this out there for your thoughts.

We need an endless stream of liberty expanding legislation. We need to swing for the fences. We need to put these bastards on their heels and on defense - permanently.

I'm serious and I'm willing to work on this. Feel free to PM me as well.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: "Gun Control Fail. Now What?"

Ok, some ideas. I'm sure I'm missing some keys legal points, but...

State Legislation

1. We need to reinvigorate and encourage the local firearms craft. All arms and ammunition produced within PA and staying within PA should not be subject to "interstate commerce" regualtion by the Fed. PA should be able to produce what it wants and sell what it wants. This is also stimulus for local jobs and local small business.

2. End all gun free zones. Those with concealed carry permits should be able to carry anywhere within the state. Personally, I'm willing to concede court facilities, but others might disagree. There is already adequate armed security in court houses. But concealed permit holders, who have already been deemed responsible, should be able to carry on school grounds.

3. Strengthen the county sherriff's office by insulating them from county commissioner control and providing funds for local training programs for civilians to operate as emergency deputies. Other ideas?

4. (OK, being creative here) Provide significant tax incentives for all heads of household who show positive proof of ownership of at least one military style longarm and handgun of sufficient caliber and have participated in pre-approved combat shooting and safety class within PA (local business stimulus) and have registered their willingness with the county sherriff's office to serve as deputies in times of need.

National Legislation

1. Repeal the NFA and the Hughes Amendment of 1986. This (I think) would de-regulate select fire and SBR weapons.

2. National constitutional carry, open or concealed, no restrictions.

(Tioga County)

I would favor getting rid of gun fee zones for the most part courts and jails I can go with schools no we can see at Newtown how effective GFSZ are but we would also need to do it at a federal level.
    USNRET '61-'81

(Columbia County)

I am 100% against #3, specifically the part that suggests that citizens be allowed to act as emergency deputies. . It my opinion deputizing citizens will encourage cop wannabes to bully and intimate others. I am not going to recognize a deputized citizen’s authority. I be dammed if some wannabe be jerk is going to try to place me under arrest or search my property without an official police badge of office. This is why police department have hiring processes such as interviews, background checks, pre-employment polygraph examinations, and require the applicants to graduate from a police academy. The last thing gun owners or anyone else needs is a bunch of incompetents amateurs trying to act like cops.
    Last edited by eagleclaw; April 19th, 2013 at 01:24 PM.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    I am 100% against #3, specifically the part that suggests that citizens be allowed to act as emergency deputies. . It my opinion deputizing citizens will encourage cop wannabes to bully and intimate others. I am not going to recognize a deputized citizen’s authority. I be dammed if some wannabe be jerk is going to try to place me under arrest or search my property without an official police badge of office. This is why police department have hiring processes such as interviews, background checks, pre-employment polygraph examinations, and require the applicants to graduate from a police academy. The last thing gun owners or anyone else needs need is a bunch of incompetents amateurs trying to act like cops.
    Actually, a deputized citizen would not have arrest powers. They would only act as a supplemental force in times of emergency. The idea of citizens acting as deputies is a long standing legal tradition that is part of the free man's responsibility: the posse (short term law enforcement), the militia (short term military), and the jury (short term legal judgment).

(Allegheny County)

In for both national ones. Those would make the anti's frothing at the mouth insane.

So they should go up for a vote at EVERY AVAILABLE opportunity.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix01 View Post
    Actually, a deputized citizen would not have arrest powers. They would only act as a supplemental force in times of emergency. The idea of citizens acting as deputies is a long standing legal tradition that is part of the free man's responsibility: the posse (short term law enforcement), the militia (short term military), and the jury (short term legal judgment).
    That was the intent of the suggestion.

I agree that you don't want every wanna-be Rambo thinking he's a cop.

But there is also a long tradition of the proper role of the "posse" (not like in Westerns) that is all but lost in this country.

Anyway, just brainstorming...

(Chester County)

The idea of citizens acting as deputies is a long standing legal tradition that is part of the free man's responsibility: the posse (short term law enforcement),
    I be dammed if some wannabe be jerk is going to try to place me under arrest or search my property without an official police badge of office.
    Badges, badges we don't need no stinking badges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsdZKCh6RsU
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    It my opinion deputizing citizens will encourage cop wannabes to bully and intimate others. I am not going to recognize a deputized citizen’s authority. I be dammed if some wannabe be jerk is going to try to place me under arrest or search my property without an official police badge of office. This is why police department have hiring processes such as interviews, background checks, pre-employment polygraph examinations, and require the applicants to graduate from a police academy. The last thing gun owners or anyone else needs is a bunch of incompetents amateurs trying to act like cops.
    Oh, you mean like real cops don't do these things?

(Lebanon County)

i agree with the ending gun free zones and no restrictions on open or concealed carry. just like the media and entertainment business slowly made being gay acceptable, the more we carry openly everywhere the more acceptable it will become. how about some charactors on tv shows being shown with guns, more commercials for firearms and holsters. make guns visible in a positive light.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast