Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Pike County)

Default Re: "Gun Control Fail. Now What?"

Quote Originally Posted by sgthunter59 View Post
    i agree with the ending gun free zones and no restrictions on open or concealed carry. just like the media and entertainment business slowly made being gay acceptable, the more we carry openly everywhere the more acceptable it will become. how about some charactors on tv shows being shown with guns, more commercials for firearms and holsters. make guns visible in a positive light.
    That's funny, do you think MSM will allow such displays?
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Bucks County)

I would wadger a lot of MSM are anti gun (since guns are power and they don't want people having power ??)

my core problem with UBC's is that the objective is not background checks.

if the objective was background checks I would have no problem with UBC's since they make sense.

the problem is the objective is disarmament. anyone who does not clearly see this writing on the walls in over driven neon powered by plasma from a neutron star. well I don't know what your looking at.

the key to disarmament is registration. 100% of historical cases of registration I am aware of have led to confiscation. IE to confiscate you have to know its their.

this is why the PA constitution says NO REGISTRY of any kind and why the PA supreme court basically went full retard when they denied its dismemberment "just because" (I was honestly blown away after reading their decision just blown away that it held up!)

now in TODAY's society of electronic records its quite literally a single key press separating background check and electronic record of a sale to registration.

this is WHY they need UBC. no record of sale to "attach" to an FTF transaction.

the feds already did this with the states by making interstate FTF illegal.

pa has "effectively" done this by making gun registration pretty much mandatory. (just a keypress remember)

so I am against UBC not because I don't like UBC's but because I KNOW that is not their objective.

when you look at the stats a UBC would have NO IMPACT whatsoever on 99% of gun crime (1% I think is the DOJ stat ???)

in light of the dramatic reduction in gun crime and the fact that violence in general is at an ALL TIME LOW in recorded history!

its clear to me this has nothing to do with stopping or preventing crime. that alone is enough reason to fight it.

if the objective is not to fight crime the objective is to fight YOU.

(Delaware County)

I would like to see the PA prohibitions against OC without an LTCF while in a vehicle removed.

What good is OC if you can only WALK from your house to your destination?

We should be allowed to travel by any means from our home to whatever destination we choose to go to.

While an LTCF currently addresses these concerns, what is the legal reasoning behind the non-LTCF restrictions?

Additionally, the PHL-only requirement for LTCF for carry (OC/CC) should be removed. Philadelphia must become a part of the Commonwealth and not a stand-alone entity.

Lastly, any and all municipal preemptions need to be removed immediately, in one broad stroke. The saying goes "an illegal law is NOT a law", yet they continue to be on the books and require a degree of suffering, damage, or confiscation in order to be addressed in the courts. That is total BS (the upcoming Morrisville event comes to mind). Parks, schools, workplace parking lots, and anything other than courthouses must not ever be a GFZ.

Regards - Don
    (Member NRA & GOA)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12