Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Washington County)

Default Re: "Gun show loophole"

Quote Originally Posted by northernlights View Post
    That's a good point... I guess I just feel like taking 5 minutes to run your name through a computer, as long as no records are kept.
    Oh you mean like the current PICS. There is no way that they would not keep the records. Also who is going to pay for yet a another goverment program?

Default Re: "Gun show loophole"

Quote Originally Posted by northernlights View Post
    I guess I just feel like taking 5 minutes to run your name through a computer, as long as no records are kept, is not that unreasonable of a measure.
    It's not, but when combined with all the other so-called 5-minute regulatory-compliance activities we have to undertake to buy guns, register a car, catch fish, buy cold medicine, and many other small tasks, it adds up to a pretty huge burden.

Not to mention the larger point, I don't care if it takes 0.0000001 seconds, we didn't do anything wrong so why should we have to do it for them?

In practice, it wouldn't take 5 minutes. They never reduce the burden of regulatory compliance. Besides, what if I'm not near a computer or don't own one? If I choose not to own a computer or to make a deal out in the woods on a fishing trip, that shouldn't effectively bar me from enjoying my rights.

Again, we didn't bother anyone or do anything wrong, so until they come to me and offer a deal that benefits me, I'm not really interested in helping them with their errands, regardless of their motivations.
    They even have minds but do not think. -Dov Fischer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123