Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Well got into an altercation today, did not pull my weapon but they were lucky.

so I'm coming back form getting wings heading to my house to eat them. I'm at a traffic light stopped to turn left and a blue pickup truck was in the right lane next to me with their windows down. I'm sitting there waiting for the light to change with my left arm on the top of the steering wheel and I feel something hit my arm and sting like a bitch so I look and see a yellow pellet fly off my arm. I look over and the truck is next to me are these two college kids and they immediatly put their arm down and look forward. Light turns green and I pull into the right lane and cut them off. I get out of my car and walk up to the car real quick and said "you shot me with a pellet gun" the driver said"no sir I did not shoot you" I said "yeah you did you guys shot me with a pellet gun" then I said "stay right there I'm calling the cops". They tryed to move around my car and they said they were trying to pull in to wait, then they tried to go around my and I blocked them and they went around and took off down the road so I got back in my car and took off after them. They were flying down this road as I called the police and chased them for about 2.5 miles [olice kept asking if I coul get a plate number I said they are slowing down and not to follow them after I got it. I caught up to them on a gravel road and told the police their place number and he said to back off in case there was a confrontation and I told him I have a carry permit and i'm armed and then backed off and waited for them. Police came I found the pellet they shot me with and showed them the welt. Went back to the police station and they were there. They said I was some crazy road raged person and stuff. Man all I wanted to do was go home and eat my wings lol. They separated the two and grilled them for 4 hours and then they finally confessed. 2 hours into it the investigating officer came to me and said that another officer said I was carrying. He asked if he could disarm and search me and I told him yes and he put the gun in his car. About an hour later he came up to me and asked if I had a carry permit to which I did and he checked it and ran my gun. I could have pressed charges but I didn't both the kids were in the emt program at the local college and the cop said this could fuck it up for them and they were scared shitless. Their mother and father was there brought in a lawyer cause cops were going to search the car. mom and dad were both volunteer firefighter family was emts etc. so after they confessed he asked me what I wasted to do I told them since they choose the path in life to be an emt and help others I'm going to help them and not press charges. I told them it could have come out worse cause I was carrying and that they were lucky that I didn't see any shape of a gun when I was standing outside their car. Police officer said if he had seen them with the gun in their hand he would have shot them.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Well got into an altercation today, did not pull my weapon but they were lucky.

well hopefully they learned their lesson without ruining their lives.

nice job.

(Washington County)

Default Re: Well got into an altercation today, did not pull my weapon but they were lucky.

What a couple a A holes. They deserve everything that comes there way. And good for you for taking the high road.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
    so I'm coming back form getting wings heading to my house to eat them. I'm at a traffic light stopped to turn left and a blue pickup truck was in the right lane next to me with their windows down. I'm sitting there waiting for the light to change with my left arm on the top of the steering wheel and I feel something hit my arm and sting like a bitch so I look and see a yellow pellet fly off my arm. I look over and the truck is next to me are these two college kids and they immediatly put their arm down and look forward. Light turns green and I pull into the right lane and cut them off. I get out of my car and walk up to the car real quick and said "you shot me with a pellet gun" the driver said"no sir I did not shoot you" I said "yeah you did you guys shot me with a pellet gun" then I said "stay right there I'm calling the cops". They tryed to move around my car and they said they were trying to pull in to wait, then they tried to go around my and I blocked them and they went around and took off down the road so I got back in my car and took off after them. They were flying down this road as I called the police and chased them for about 2.5 miles [olice kept asking if I coul get a plate number I said they are slowing down and not to follow them after I got it. I caught up to them on a gravel road and told the police their place number and he said to back off in case there was a confrontation and I told him I have a carry permit and i'm armed and then backed off and waited for them. Police came I found the pellet they shot me with and showed them the welt. Went back to the police station and they were there. They said I was some crazy road raged person and stuff. Man all I wanted to do was go home and eat my wings lol. They separated the two and grilled them for 4 hours and then they finally confessed. 2 hours into it the investigating officer came to me and said that another officer said I was carrying. He asked if he could disarm and search me and I told him yes and he put the gun in his car. About an hour later he came up to me and asked if I had a carry permit to which I did and he checked it and ran my gun. I could have pressed charges but I didn't both the kids were in the emt program at the local college and the cop said this could fuck it up for them and they were scared shitless. Their mother and father was there brought in a lawyer cause cops were going to search the car. mom and dad were both volunteer firefighter family was emts etc. so after they confessed he asked me what I wasted to do I told them since they choose the path in life to be an emt and help others I'm going to help them and not press charges. I told them it could have come out worse cause I was carrying and that they were lucky that I didn't see any shape of a gun when I was standing outside their car. Police officer said if he had seen them with the gun in their hand he would have shot them.
    At the point I highlighted, you became the aggressor. Be very thankful. It is you who were lucky.

Your actions accomplished nothing more than simply reporting a description and plate number would have done. Further, if you're going the go to the extreme 'handle it myself' measures that you did, have the stones to follow through with the police. Otherwise, what was the point to all the 'drama'?
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by kimbercdp View Post
    What a couple a A holes. They deserve everything that comes there way. And good for you for taking the high road.
    True but worse thing is mental torture, sitting there knowing you did something wrong and you could go to jail or something and being grilled for 4 hours with officers guarding you lol. Plus being in a line of emts and stuff and working locally with he borough I think he'll get it more from his parents then a citation for a projection of a missile or whatever its called. Karma man if they wern't in the emt program and choosing to help others I would have pressed charges in a heartbeat.

Also when the officer gave my gun back he was like "I didn't clear it but here is your gun back, also I like your choice in guns" I have a 1911 from the colt custom shop, its a combat commander, a commanders slide on an officers frame.

(Lackawanna County)

Awful lot of excitement and people involved to have nothing happen. I understand your reasoning, but don't agree with your decision. First, the confrontation outside his stopped vehicle, then a chase, then an arrest and questioning? 4 hours to get these two to fess up to shooting you with a plastic pellet gun? I think they should have been punished in some manner for something so stupid and irresponsible. It could have been much worse. As the officer said, had they pulled the pellet gun out at the wrong person, they'd probably end up dead.
    "Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!"

(Monroe County)

Wow... so not to take it to the wrong level but...

1. You attempted to stop them and nearly caused an accident which would have been your fault and could have involved other people (innocents)

2. You were the cause of a car chase through (I'm assuming) populated streets which is extremely dangerous and you put the lives of many people at risk

All of this when you could have easily told the police "2 white males age approx 18 in a blue pickup just pulled up to the light beside me at intersection XX and YY and they began shooting at me with a weapon" and the police would have taken care of it safely.

(Monroe County)

its bs what they did, i wouldnt have pulled them over.. i woulda got the plate and called it in.. then i woulda told them to give me 500$ or im pressing charges..

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Wow... so not to take it to the wrong level but...

1. You attempted to stop them and nearly caused an accident which would have been your fault and could have involved other people (innocents)

2. You were the cause of a car chase through (I'm assuming) populated streets which is extremely dangerous and you put the lives of many people at risk

All of this when you could have easily told the police "2 white males age approx 18 in a blue pickup just pulled up to the light beside me at intersection XX and YY and they began shooting at me with a weapon" and the police would have taken care of it safely.

Yes I nearly caused an accident when the traffic just started moving at the light and they hadn't even moved yet.

Not a city it is a borough, 45-50mph in a 35 zone they were going and they took off down the road I was 15 cars behind them keeping an eye on them.

yeah "2 white miles in a truck headed that way" when the cops had to come from the other side of the town and would have lost them. I live in a town where you say blue pickup and you see one every couple seconds. Are you an anti? Oh let the police take care of it, they'll protect you they'll stop the bad guys.......

Jeez I didn't know pafoa had so many keyboard commandos. Immediately when someone types something on here you guys assume the worse of every situation. I really find it funny. I would have done this, I would have done that. Fact of the matter is if you were put in that situation 99% of the time you wouldn't have handled it the way you would have analyzing it after the fact.

Based on the facts posted, if the OP had called in a plate and backed off, NOTHING would have happened. He didn't see a gun, he didn't see the shooter, and had he allowed them time to go home before the police arrived (if they would have shown up at all) then the punks would have removed the pellet gun from the car. There would have been no evidence at all, these two kids would have gotten away with assaulting another citizen, and they would have been emboldened to do worse in the future.

I applaud the OP for following through, and for his restraint in not using his gun at any point in this unprovoked attack.

I'm not sure that we need a pair of emt's who think that shooting random people with pellet guns is sport. Not exactly angels of mercy, are they?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast