Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default 2nd Purchase Question

Hello,

I am in the military stationed in Fort Hood, Texas. I recently purchased the XD-45 (4") and I am very satisfied with it. I think it is a great first purchase and so far, I've fired 300 rounds into it. I love it and I highly recommend it to any one.

Guns are like tattoes to me, though. Once you get one, you want another one. There are a few I have been looking at, however. And I was wondering if any one could give me helpful feedback?

I love .45, but for my next purchase I was looking at different calibers. I am particularly interested in the Sig 226 (9mm/two-tone), but it's very pricey for me right now. I was also looking at the Glock 17 OR the Glock 19.

If any one can give me advice, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thank you,

Ray C.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: 2nd Purchase Question

First, thanks for your service Ray.

OK, Sigs and Glocks are both good guns.

I've never owned a Sig because they just don't fit my hands. I own six Glocks though.

Deciding between the Glock 17 or 19 depends on what you'll do with it. If it's just going to be a range gun, then go with the 17. If you have any intentions of carrying it concealed, then I'd go with the 19. That's really all there is between them since they're essentially the same except for size and should cost about the same.

If you do go with the Glock I'd recommend getting at least one 33 round Glock 9mm mag. They go for about $25 a piece at gun shows here. It's tons of fun to run through a steel stage or bowling pins without having to do a mag change.

I hope you realize just how much trouble you're in. You just bought an XD and now you're thinking about a Sig or a Glock. Next you'll want a .357 revolver; then you'll want a 1911. After that you'll want a little .380 or snubbie revolver for pocket carry or maybe a big bore .44 mag for deer hunting. Before you know it you're buying reloading equipment and a second safe because your first one doesn't have enough room for the 17 handguns, 13 rifles, 4 shotguns and the muzzleloader you've acquired.

I know it's a disease and I'm infected in a big way, but I don't want the cure.

Heck, if you want something different, get a revolver in .357 I'm a huge fan of my 3" SP101, or perhaps a GP100 or Smith 686.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

Quote Originally Posted by Karys View Post
    I hope you realize just how much trouble you're in. You just bought an XD and now you're thinking about a Sig or a Glock. Next you'll want a .357 revolver; then you'll want a 1911. After that you'll want a little .380 or snubbie revolver for pocket carry or maybe a big bore .44 mag for deer hunting. Before you know it you're buying reloading equipment and a second safe because your first one doesn't have enough room for the 17 handguns, 13 rifles, 4 shotguns and the muzzleloader you've acquired.

This is exactly what I see happening in the future.

Thanks for the advice, though. I think I am going to save the Sig for a third purchase down the road. A Glock 19 seems like a good second purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWilliams View Post
    Heck, if you want something different, get a revolver in .357 I'm a huge fan of my 3" SP101, or perhaps a GP100 or Smith 686.

That does look like a bad boy!