Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Delco ltcf

Default Delco ltcf

Was thinking of applying in the coming weeks, not sure if I will have a problem because of my license

My license has my prospect park address on it, but I now live in collingdale.
    When I purchased my g23, I needed to present my change of address card with my license and that was fine, as long a I had both.

However while looking here for the print out http://www.co.delaware.pa.us/sheriff/gunpermitpage1.pdf

It says you must have a valid license with current address. Does anyone know if I can present my change of address card with my license like before, or will the media offices be more of a pain in the but?

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Delco ltcf

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono00 View Post
    Was thinking of applying in the coming weeks, not sure if I will have a problem because of my license

My license has my prospect park address on it, but I now live in collingdale.
    When I purchased my g23, I needed to present my change of address card with my license and that was fine, as long a I had both.

However while looking here for the print out http://www.co.delaware.pa.us/sheriff/gunpermitpage1.pdf

It says you must have a valid license with current address. Does anyone know if I can present my change of address card with my license like before, or will the media offices be more of a pain in the but?
    When you say "change of address card" do you mean something which was issued by PennDOT to update the address of your license, but is a separate piece of paper? If so my understanding is that the combination of that paper and your old plastic license card together constitute your current valid driver's license. If it's good enough to present to the cops as proof of being licensed when you get pulled over for speeding, it should be good enough for other purposes in which your driver's license is required.

Of course, who knows what the DelCo Sheriff will say. He appears to be one of the myriad PA sheriffs who feels free to invent his own extra-legal requirements for LTCF applications. (Most notably his claim that "No member of the sheriff's office, chief of police or judge of any kind may be a reference." There's no basis in law for that requirement.)
    Last edited by twency; April 17th, 2013 at 10:24 AM. Reason: spellling
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Montgomery County)

you changed you license and have documentation as such.
    Should not be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    When you say "change of address card" do you mean something which was issued by PennDOT to update the address of your license, but is a separate piece of paper? If so my understanding is that the combination of that paper and your old plastic license card together constitute your current valid driver's license. If it's good enough to present to the cops as proof of being licensed when you get pulled over for speeding, it should be good enough for other purposes in which your driver's license is required.

Of course, who knows what the DelCo Sheriff will say. He appears to be one of the myriad PA sheriffs who feels free to invent his on extra-legal requirements for LTCF applications. (Most notably his claim that "No member of the sheriff's office, chief of police or judge of any kind may be a reference." There's no basis in law for that requirement.)

That is exactly what I have. I went on pen dots website and changed it and they mailed me a card. Hopefully that will be fine. I don't wanna ride all the way out there for nothing (the whole 15-20 minute drive lol)

(Delaware County)

Wont be a problem. My girlfriend used a change of address card with her DL. Got her LTCF in 38 days.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

If you have a penndot change of address card your.good to go. Applied with and picked mines up with my change.of address card.

I did it with the same set last year no problem. That is your valid license as long as the crads with it. Just dont forget to give it to them.

Gotcha. I figured it SHOULD be fine, but with all the horror stories of sheriffs offices and how they handle lctfs i figured I would ask. Thanks guys

Anyone know if you go to kinkos if you can go online and print the ltcf ap while there? I don't have a printer

(Delaware County)

Anyone know if you go to kinkos if you can go online and print the ltcf ap while there? I don't have a printer
    The sheriff's office has copies to fill out on-site.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast