Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default is anyone one else buying SD ammo because they can't find target?

I recently, have been buying diffrent types of SD ammo because i can't find target ammo am i the only nut doing that?

I'm not take it to the range just keeping it to add to what i have.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: is anyone one else buying SD ammo because they can't find target?

Again, I ask, what are all these people doing? Buying ammo to not shoot it. Let's buy a new car and not drive it! What are you going to do with all this ammo that is getting stashed away? Saving for something that will never happen in our lifetime.

I shoot every chance I get. I do reload, so I can make more.

(Blair County)

I only shoot SD ammo. Cheap target ammo does not have the same POI as quality ammo. No point in training if it doesn't work the same. Its also filthy dirty. I shoot Win Ranger bonded and federal hst in my 40s, and Underwood 135 and 155 gr in my 10mms. Both the Win and Federal are only about 27$ a box of 50 when available. Luckily I bought a ton of 1555 gr ranger at 15.00 a box of 50 a few years back when someone stuck my local shop with a large order of it and they sold it to me for cost.

(Berks County)

Quite the opposite, I can't get any SD ammo.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by tonyfac View Post
    Again, I ask, what are all these people doing? Buying ammo to not shoot it. Let's buy a new car and not drive it! What are you going to do with all this ammo that is getting stashed away? Saving for something that will never happen in our lifetime.

It lasts a while Ive been shooting the same bullets for 3 years now. Still have a ton left. There is this thing called inflation...I hate to tell you but prices go up....food too. Stocking up when you can afford to is never a bad idea when prices keep rising on everything so rapidly. The same bullets I paid 15 $ a box for 3 years ago cost about 30$+ a box now.....So it makes a lot of sense to stock up.

(Philadelphia County)

I can get plenty of both ATM luckily...
    HST +P for $28 and FMJ for $26

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by tonyfac View Post

Like an ammo shortage?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Edg View Post
    I only shoot SD ammo. Cheap target ammo does not have the same POI as quality ammo. No point in training if it doesn't work the same. Its also filthy dirty. I shoot Win Ranger bonded and federal hst in my 40s, and Underwood 135 and 155 gr in my 10mms. Both the Win and Federal are only about 27$ a box of 50 when available. Luckily I bought a ton of 1555 gr ranger at 15.00 a box of 50 a few years back when someone stuck my local shop with a large order of it and they sold it to me for cost.
    I just accept that the cheap stuff will not group as well. It motivates me to get better because I know I could still do better on my end. I'll rotate in some quality ammunition to confirm exactly where my current abilities are at.

But to the OP. When I find ammo that I will eventually shoot I buy it weather its target or SD ammo.
    Last edited by QuackXP; April 16th, 2013 at 11:03 AM.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Northampton County)

In Jan. I bought 4 boxes of 45 ACP +P 230 gr bonded jacketed hollow points from Underwood. That is what they had that day. Much cheaper than the name brands.
    National Handgun Reciprocity
    End Gun Free Zones
    Fast & Furious show us the documents

The End of Josiah's Railroad, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Edg View Post
    Cheap is the key term there. Speer makes less expensive ball ammo that is supposed to mimic their premium stuff.

I've got a bunch of components, but my "shop" is still in boxes from my move a few weeks ago.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast