Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who to endorse besides Toomey

Imo Toomey gave aid to the enemy last week by joining Manchin and Schumer in putting his name to and endorsing S. 649. Whether you think there is any merit in the bill or not, he gave the antis a shot in the arm and was the one that provided the spark of life for Frankenstein's monster. Now that the bill has been created, it opens the door for all kinds of limitations on our rights in the form or amendments whether Toomey intended it to or not and he should be held responsible. Now that he is pals with the likes of Nutter, Schumer etc.... I do not ever want to find myself voting for him again.

Even though the next election is 3 years away, I think it might be prudent to start a thread talking about, and using as the basis to start contacting and maybe supporting some future candidates to run in the next Senatorial primary. Pa is a big state and there have to be some pro 2nd possibilities that we can count on.

I want to start talking about and spreading the information about some of these potential candidates among gun owners and supporters of the 2nd. Put the names of people who we can consider in this thread. People from that part of the state who have more in depth knowledge of that person can tell us what they know about the persons strengths and weaknesses. Whether or not they are truly people we want to support.

Maybe we can find someone that we find worthy, can contact, and start supporting with both money and time ahead of the next Senatorial election. Maybe we can get involved and make a true difference. This site has thousands of members, surely we can do something.

The first person that came to my mind is state rep Metcalfe. I do not know much about him, but see him at the forefront of many pro gun bills. Does anyone have any feedback on him or know about his willingness to move on from state rep. Would he have the ability to defeat Specter...... er I mean Toomey and a democratic challenger in the 2016?

Seriously, I do not want Toomey to be rewarded for his actions last week. The best way that I can see to send a message is by defeating him in the primaries. I do not want to have to make the choice of voting for him or and anti democrat in 2016. Who can we support? What can we do?

edit: Adding the names of reps being suggested.

Daryl Metcalfe
    Sam Rohrer
    Jim Gerlach
    Last edited by internet troll; April 15th, 2013 at 11:35 AM.

Default Re: Who to endorse besides Toomey

This recent ignorance has me wanting to put life/career on hold and pursue office of some sort. I think we need more non politicians to run and hopefully win. I have virtually no chance at toomey's seat, but I would give it all I have, problem is that my state rep is great and so is my congressman, mike Kelly so I have no desire to challenge them. More of us "average joes" need to start running for office.

There is Metcalfe
    https://www.facebook.com/DraftMetcalfe2016
    And then there is good Ole Sam Rohrer who should have been Governor of PA.
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by 7998 View Post
    ....And then there is good Ole Sam Rohrer who should have been Governor of PA.
    Amen to that.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by FMJT View Post
    This recent ignorance has me wanting to put life/career on hold and pursue office of some sort. I think we need more non politicians to run and hopefully win. I have virtually no chance at toomey's seat, but I would give it all I have, problem is that my state rep is great and so is my congressman, mike Kelly so I have no desire to challenge them. More of us "average joes" need to start running for office.
    It's going to be left to us citizens aged 25-40 years old to clean up the horrific mess the country is in and like some generations before us, we'll have to step up before our time.

(Chester County)

I'm willing to run for any office you guys can get me elected to. Lol but no seriously.
    WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

(Lehigh County)

I've thought the same thing.

It's time.

I have noticed something about a great deal of us in the 30something crowd... It seems that we are tired of the old establishment types because they seem stuffy and condescending, we seem to have in general a greater interest in freedom, perhaps its the 90's when it seemed like music, movies and other aspects of our lives were always under attack and censorship. (I remember all the crap we were fed about subliminal messages and violent lyrics in music and beavis and butthead being attacked as causing arson and murder and Thinking WTF?) we are the first generation having been brought up in the most regulated way in the history of the US, and I believe we generally want to be unhitched from this burden and left alone to be happy and free.

Good, so we have two established names. A couple of things, does anyone have any good information about Metcalf and Sam Rohrer that we can discuss here? I know very little about them. What are the chance either would want to run against Toomey? Does anyone live in their districts or have contact with them?

Any other names to consider?

It's great that some people want to start getting involved. If you want to start changing the current structure from the inside, here are a few ideas.
    There are things that you can do. Go down to your local Republican Party office or State Reps office and introduce yourself. Offer to help out in elections by doing door to door, and phone calls and handing out literature on Election day.
    If your area does not have a committee man, offer to become one. If your area has a committeeman offer to be a block captain. Start getting involved. Get some voter registration forms and go door to door on your own and get people to sign up and turn them in directly at the Republican headquarters. People will notice that.

You said you are happy with your current reps.... great. But what about 5-10 years as people start moving on. Start getting your foot in the door now. Start getting your views and positions out there. Start setting yourself up for a possible leadership position now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast