Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default Gun rally in Scranton

How did I miss this one?

Debate Over Gun Control

http://wnep.com/2013/04/13/debate-over-gun-control/

SCRANTON — A rally in support of Second Amendment gun rights was held in Lackawanna County Saturday, and it included one state law maker.

Republican State Representative Daryl Metcalfe was the guest speaker at Saturday’s rally in Scranton, where dozens of people turned out to stand-up for what they call “their God-given right to own guns.”

It’s been a hot topic for months, whether or not more restrictions need to be put in place to limit the purchase of guns.

Members of this rally along Viewmont Drive in Scranton said the Second Amendment needs to be protected.

PA State Representative Daryl Metcalfe was the guest speaker at the event. Metcalfe, who is a Republican out of Butler County, is a well-known supporter of gun rights.

However, proponents of gun control tell a different story. Many believe that public massacres, like the recent school shooting in Connecticut, can be prevented by putting stronger background checks in place. However, this group sees it differently.

Representative Metcalfe has gone so far as to sponsor State House Bill 357, which he said, could over-turn any gun restrictions the federal government may try to impose.

State Bill 357, however, has not yet gained the support it needs to reach the house floor for a vote.

A similar rally in support of Second Amendment gun rights is set to take place Friday April 19th at noon. This time it will be held next to the Susquehanna County Courthouse in Montrose.

So the debate over gun control continues, and no doubt will do so for some time.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Gun rally in Scranton

Because they did not get the info out. I only read about it 2 days before and only heard about it 1 day before on the local news thats how. There is no excuse for April 23rd in Harrisburg. Any more info on the National Gun Rally in Nov down in DC?

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Because they did not get the info out. I only read about it 2 days before and only heard about it 1 day before on the local news thats how. There is no excuse for April 23rd in Harrisburg. Any more info on the National Gun Rally in Nov down in DC?
    The info has been posted on this forum for 2 weeks and flyers in every local gun shop as well as stores, etc. that would allow it. The news picked it up a day before the rally. What more would you have done? Asking for future reference.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Venturerider View Post
    The info has been posted on this forum for 2 weeks and flyers in every local gun shop as well as stores, etc. that would allow it. The news picked it up a day before the rally. What more would you have done? Asking for future reference.
    I did not see anything posted about it.

(Wayne County)

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Venturerider View Post
    Ok. I commented in wneps comment field for the article. Someone who was there befriended me on face book.

(Luzerne County)

Add me to the list of people who missed it, I read about it on WNEP as well. Should have paid more attention, I definitely would have been there.
    The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun, and the only thing that stops a good guy with a gun is the government.

(Wayne County)

I happened to be in the area and DW gave me a call about it. Turnout could have been better.

Matt