Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Moving to PA is the Titusville area a good place for gun owners?

Just looking for some input about the Titusville area and there friendlyness or lack of towards gun owners any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Moving to PA is the Titusville area a good place for gun owners?

If it's the area I'm thinking of there are not many people and pretty sure the one's that live there probably own guns. So I'd say yes it's GTG.

(Crawford County)

if your gonna move to that town you are gonna need a gun.. its not exactly the best part of crawford county... just be careful of the common small business owner "meth lab" out in those woods... just something i was once warned about out in those parts...
    Hi-Point 380 ACP, Savage 22 Mag

You are going to love Titusville! The people in the area are friendly and it is an outdoorsman's paradise. The Allegheny National Forest is about what, 15-20 minutes away? If you hunt Deer (not as many as there used to be), bear, turkey, grouse, and coyotes you will love it. If you fish there are many trout streams locally, Oil Creek being the closest. For Bass, Walleye, Muskey, and Northern Pike the Allegheny River is probably about 1/2 - 1 hour away. It is a small town with a small business district and a Wally World but Meadville is fairly close and has much more.
    Rick - NRA Endowment Member
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation

(Montgomery County)

I was "in the area" last summer and plan on going back. Bikers paradise. I got close but headed over to Oil City instead. May be next time.

(Jefferson County)

You'll be ok in Titusville. Its just a small borough. Of course you will run into the gun fearing nitwit anywhere, but less likely in this part of the state.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Crawford County)

Titusville isn't a bad area, but as you have already been warned watch out for idiots brewing crystal meth. Most of them have been burned out, but a few are too stupid to learn. Perhaps it's the fumes?

The school district isn't the greatest, but its not the worst either. On the upside, you've got a small branch campus of Pitt right in town.

Morrison's II is a fairly decent local gun shop. Prices aren't outrageous, and the rifle selection is generally pretty good depending upon available supply. They also have a small black powder set up, if you're interested.

Out of Titusville, you're in striking distance of Meadville, Erie, Oil City, and Franklin. So if you can't find something right in town, you don't have to go too far.

Hunting, hiking, and camping opportunities abound all over the area. You've got the Allegheny National Forest, Tionesta, and Tidioute (where there may very well be bears), plenty of fishing areas, trails going almost everywhere...

Enjoy!
    "When I hit it, I expect it to fall the hell down and die!"

(Armstrong County)

Both sides of my family are from the area, I don't know anyone from Titusville that doesn't own a gun or hunt and fish!
    The original point and click interface was a Colt Peacemaker!

every one thank you very much for the input and feedback greatly appreciated.

I currently live in CT over by Hartford and cant wait to move. Just looking for a quiter place were people can actually enjoy them selfs and not deal with the gun haters of the world or the crime rate either.

(Butler County)

Live about 30 miles from there in slightly more populated area. Doctors, dentists, soccer moms here in Butler pretty much pro gun. You are good to go in Titusville. What they say about meth labs pretty much true anywhere you go. State cop friend told not to footchase into forest.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast