Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default looking for some advice

Hi all, I recently went to Lehigh valley hospital for chest pain during the initial triage the nurse / tech saw my ankle holster. Security was called and a security officer was sent to the room I was in and I was told I would have to check my gun with security. not a problem after 15 minutes of waiting i said I can secure this in my car correct. so I did that was at 4:15 pm and my level of chest discomfort was increasing. shortly after securing it in my car I was taken back to the ER room. they did all their tests and said they were admitting me. sat in the ER until 11 pm they took me for a cat scan then to my room shortly after a nurse and a aid came in and took inventory of my belongings they handed me my jeans so I could count my money and recorded everything else I had in the bag from the ER. ( NO GUN ) at 4am I was awakened by several security officers along with 2 local cops. asking me where my gun was I stated in my car. It turns out that Lehigh valley hospital has attached to my electronic medical file that I carry a firearm and a nurse looking through my file at 3:45 am saw in the file that I carry a gun an called security. no one ever bothered to check the original incident the inventory of my belongs ect. to verify the issue was resolved and ended up giving me more heart palpations and chest pain. at which point I had most of the security staff and 2 local officers in my room I felt that my health was no longer an issue and felt like I needed to leave since they overwhelmed me in my room. my main question is what if anything can I do against the hospital?
    Jerry

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: looking for some advice

You could complain.

Not that it will get you anywhere.

Hospitals do much, much worse in the name of "miscommunications". I'm not sure what you expect they will do about any of this.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Monroe County)

Default Re: looking for some advice

My guess nothing. Why didn't the person with you or you secure your firearm ahead of time? LVH Muhlenburg just had a murder suicide so what were you thinking?
    IMHO if you go to a medical facility seeking help you need to use some common sense. I could understand if you were coding and coming by squad but you were alert enough.
    Recording that you came in with a firearm, LOL they probably recorded any tats you have too.
    Last edited by Exbiker; April 13th, 2013 at 09:12 PM.