Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Letter from Steve SanTERDO...I'm really getting fed up

This week, Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane, Ceasefire PA, Mayors Against Illegal Guns, Bucks Safe, The Peace Center, Keystone Progress, Moms Demand Action and Bucks Against Gun Violence joined me in urging the House Judiciary Committee to vote forward my universal background check legislation for firearms purchases.

Right now in Pennsylvania, criminals may lawfully purchase an assault rifle even though it is illegal for that same criminal to purchase a handgun. A loophole in Pennsylvania’s background check laws allows private, non-licensed sellers to sell long-barrel guns, including assault rifles, without conducting a background check on the buyer.

I and the people who stood with me on Wednesday in Harrisburg are among the 95 percent of Pennsylvanians who believe that needs to be fixed.

My legislation, House Bill 1010, would close the loophole by requiring all sales and transfers (except familial transfers) to undergo a universal background check, including sales by non-licensed sellers.

It’s really that simple.

A clear majority of Americans, Pennsylvanians and even gun owners support universal background checks as a commonsense law to help keep our communities safer from gun violence. While federal legislation would bring greater consistency across the nation, we can no longer wait for Congress to act.

Additionally, Pennsylvania House Bill 1010 would mandate that private purchases and transfers adhere to a background....

I'm beyond being nice right these Marxists. I shot back(pun intended) an email because his office was closed. He's standing arm in arm with radical left groups. We need to protest outside of this Marxists office. Who's in?
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Letter from Steve SanTERDO...I'm really getting fed up

i'd be in to take my AR for another walk and park my butt in front of his office with a few signs. i grew up in Newtown. pick a date, and get thhis rolling. Santarsiero has stated he was wants full blown confiscation, he needs to be reigned in:

Posted on April 5, 2013

by Gary Weckselblatt

Legislation has been introduced in the Pennsylvania General Assembly similar to a bill signed into law in Connecticut on Thursday that restricts purchases of certain weapons and large-capacity ammunition magazines and includes background checks for all firearms sales.

But having those bills pass the Legislature for Gov. Tom Corbett’s signature and allow the commonwealth to join Connecticut, California, New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts in having the country’s strongest gun control laws might be considered more than a long shot.

“This is a very different state than those,” said state Rep. Steve Santarsiero, D-31, a proponent of tighter gun control measures.

While he believes the gun issue is best handled on a national level, with those efforts “stalled,” he said it is “incumbent on state government” to act.

“I do think we have to make every effort to ensure the safety of our citizens with reasonable gun legislation and a top-to-bottom review of our mental health delivery system.”

He has worked with state Rep. Ron Waters, D-191, of Philadelphia, and state Rep. Madeleine Dean, D-153, of Montgomery County, on a series of bills, including the banning of assault weapons (House Bill 517).

Santarsiero has also said any new law “needs to stipulate it is unlawful to either purchase or possess” assault weapons. “If that means buying back these weapons, so be it.”

In addition, he supports a ban on “ammunition that makes this kind of firepower so lethal.”

Sen. Larry Farnese, D-1, of Philadelphia, also calls for an assault weapons ban in Senate Bill 435.

“In an effort to continue the discussion on common-sense public safety proposals, I believe banning dangerous assault weapons for non-military and non-law enforcement agents should be addressed,” he said in a co-sponsorship memorandum.

The issue has generated great debate on both sides, including the grassroots levels, where groups have formed to espouse passionate beliefs.

Concerned Gun Owners of Bucks County, which doesn’t want any changes to limit gun ownership, has held several meetings with standing-room only crowds of 300 people at each.

On the other side are organizations like Bucks Safe and Bucks Against Gun Violence, which drew 200 people to a Doylestown rally Saturday for what they called “common-sense gun safety laws.”

State Rep. Paul Clymer, R-145, has spoken out against anything that threatens Second Amendment rights.

He told the pro-gun group recently that “if the Second Amendment falls, there’s going to be real problems in defense of First Amendment rights.”

His biggest ovation came when he said he is a co-sponsor of state Rep. Daryl Metcalfe’s, R-12, House Bill 357 to make any new federal gun control laws unenforceable within the commonwealth. Santarsiero has said HB 357 “would be unconstitutional.”

“For anyone in the 21st century to say states can nullify federal laws ... is just ridiculous.”

Santarsiero and Clymer have apparently found common ground, however, on Santarsiero’s House Bill 1010 to require background checks for all firearms. Clymer is a co-sponsor.

Other local supporters include Dean, Tina Davis, D-141, John Galloway, D-140, and Todd Stephens, R-151.

“For Pennsylvania, (HB 1010) would be a significant step forward,” Santarsiero said. “We do have bipartisan support for that bill. This is a state where the NRA has a lot more power, and I’m aware of that. We need to take the time to generate grass-roots support.”

Stephens, a former Assistant District Attorney in Montgomery County, has introduced his own measure, House Bill 931, to require the Pennsylvania State Police to send all existing mental health data within 90 days to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, which checks the background of individuals attempting to buy a gun nationwide.

The bill also will require ongoing submissions to the national database within 48 hours of the state police receiving mental health data.

He called it a “no-brainer. We collect this information about who has been involuntarily committed. We use it in Pennsylvania to ensure those folks don’t buy a gun improperly. But we’re not sharing it with the federal database.”

State Sen. Daylin Leach, D-17, is proposing two gun control bills. One would limit gun purchases to one per month; the other would require a gun owner to report a lost or stolen weapon within 48 hours

Read more: http://delvalmusclecars.freeforums.n...#ixzz2QI52o7e5

(Bucks County)

Anyone want to meet there before going to Harrisburg on the 23rd? We'll meet for breakfast go to the terds office then to Harrisburg. This way we can only take off one day
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

http://mobile.philly.com/news/?wss=/...s&id=202359931

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Delaware County)

He's lying and is also a fucking prick.
    Soldats ! Faites votre devoir ! Droit au cœur mais épargnez le visage. Feu !

(Bucks County)

Reigned in isn't the solution. This DB needs some face time.