Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Toomey sold us out

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    A childhood friend of mine works for the Pennsylvania Republican Party. He said Toomey is going to run for Governor. I told my friend fuck Toomey and I will not vote for him. I said Toomey is not winnable.
    At this time I am predicting a Shapiro/Toomey election for governor. This sucks.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

A childhood friend of mine works for the Pennsylvania Republican Party. He said Toomey is going to run for Governor. I told my friend fuck Toomey and I will not vote for him. I said Toomey is not winnable.
    Who cares if he IS winnable? Would he be substantially any better than Wolf??

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    Who cares if he IS winnable? Would he be substantially any better than Wolf??
    Unfortunately this is what is comes down to. I despise Toomey for his betrayal of the 2nd but would probably pull the lever for him.

A lot of people look at is as voting for the lesser evil is still voting for evil so will not do it. I look at it as keeping the greater evil out.

Of course the concern becomes..... is it currently better to have a democrat as governor when it comes to the 2nd than Toomey. There is a possibility that Toomey will still push background checks on private sales of rifles in Pa. Since he is a Republican he may get some Republicans to defect in the Pa legislature and work with him where they would not do so with a Democratic Governor. He’s tried stabbing supporters of the 2nd in the back already, do we want to exchange his short knife for a sword so it is easier to stab us?

I would like to say that I am overthinking it..... but i don’t trust Toomey at all.

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    At this time I am predicting a Shapiro/Toomey election for governor. This sucks.
    That is what it will come down to. There is a possibility that Shapiro will try for Toomey’s Senate seat once Toomey declares.

If Toomey is the Republican candidate, whoever the Dem candidate is will win the Governor’s seat. Toomey has alienated enough 2A voters over the years, they will simply stay home.

We need to seek out and support a strong 2A Republican to run, because the PA 2A crowd is screwed with either Toomey or Shapiro (etc)

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    That is what it will come down to. There is a possibility that Shapiro will try for Toomey’s Senate seat once Toomey declares.

If Toomey is the Republican candidate, whoever the Dem candidate is will win the Governor’s seat. Toomey has alienated enough 2A voters over the years, they will simply stay home.

We need to seek out and support a strong 2A Republican to run, because the PA 2A crowd is screwed with either Toomey or Shapiro (etc)
    I'm with you but Missy Houlahan also has here eyes on Toomey's seat so there will be a runoff.

(Lancaster County)

It sounds like to me what we need is to kick out the current Republican party heads who keep putting us in this position. Why have they not been fired?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    It sounds like to me what we need is to kick out the current Republican party heads who keep putting us in this position. Why have they not been fired?
    Maybe they are supporting the best that come forth. Who else do we have to put up?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Hmm. Firing squad or hanging?

To each their own, but that is how people like Moore win in alabama. As trump said democrats stick together conservatives dont. Republicans do plenty to piss us off, but toomey has done mmuch more than any democrat and he was trying to get national reciprocity in exchange for the background check. That appeals to several gun owners. The thing is with liberals you give an inch they push for a mile.

My concern is taht obama lovrer wolf when redistricting comes. I feel comfortable the legistlature will stay republican but I heard one place PA will lose a seat and i fear it will be a republican seat.

I still do not see how that was allowed with less than a year for an election. I get forcing states to redraw maps in some cases, but not with a damm few months before an election.
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

(Philadelphia County)

If Toomey is the Republican candidate, whoever the Dem candidate is will win the Governor’s seat.
    Jim Kenney?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast