Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Toomey sold us out

I am sick of telling people PA is going the way of NY. I came from NY 17 years ago and can’t believe how PA is following suit. It really makes me mad. I can very well see myself leaving PA in the future. I have said this for a few years now. It bothers me because this is a very nice state. I really do like it here but the liberal crap is to much. The bad thing is there are not many places to go.
    I do have to say the weather in PA is the absolute worse. I have never seen so much rain and dreary, cloudy days in my entire life. This is a driving factor as well for me to part ways with PA. On a sunny day in the PA country side there is no better day. Unfortunately those are rare days indeed.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lougotzz View Post
    I am sick of telling people PA is going the way of NY. I came from NY 17 years ago and can’t believe how PA is following suit. It really makes me mad. I can very well see myself leaving PA in the future. I have said this for a few years now. It bothers me because this is a very nice state. I really do like it here but the liberal crap is to much. The bad thing is there are not many places to go.
    I do have to say the weather in PA is the absolute worse. I have never seen so much rain and dreary, cloudy days in my entire life. This is a driving factor as well for me to part ways with PA. On a sunny day in the PA country side there is no better day. Unfortunately those are rare days indeed.
    I agree with much of what you say. Like you I'm a NY exile, though I've now been here 19 years. PA is becoming more liberal and like NY it is lorded over by the populous cities with rural areas literally being forgotten. The weather does suck, but at least for the most part it is benign. Arizona, Montana, South Dakota, Idaho, Wyoming have been calling me for years. The big problem? I couldn't get my wife out of here with dynamite and splitting the blanket is out of the question.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Pa weather doesn't bother me much other than spring, or lack of it. Pa politics is another matter. Not sure where to go either. I despise heat and humidity, so that rules out everything south and east of the Rockies. Living in a barren, rain starved desert west of the Rockies has little appeal as well. The western mountains are nice, but you need to be wealthy to afford to live in the oasis areas that aren't desert. Anywhere west coast, fuggetaboutit.

Seems my best hope is that Pa hangs in another 15 years then I won't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    I agree with much of what you say. Like you I'm a NY exile, though I've now been here 19 years. PA is becoming more liberal and like NY it is lorded over by the populous cities with rural areas literally being forgotten. The weather does suck, but at least for the most part it is benign. Arizona, Montana, South Dakota, Idaho, Wyoming have been calling me for years. The big problem? I couldn't get my wife out of here with dynamite and splitting the blanket is out of the question.
    Instead of dynamite, try chloroform...then she'll actually wake up when you get to Wyoming.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

It seems the way PA is going you're better off getting baptized by the Sheriff and becoming and LEO.
    I'm a Rep Virgin

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    My email to Toomey. Not wasting time calling as I get a full mailbox or a twit answering the phone...

Dear Mr Toomey,

Now that you stabbed Republican gunowners in the back in PA and accross the nation, be advised that we WILL VOTE FOR ANYONE BUT YOU. Even a DEMOCRAT if it means that we absolutely toss your lying ass out of office.
    woh there, don't ever go full retard.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    There have been media rumors floating around and he has made comments to the effect.

I have it on pretty good authority from an elected state official that Toomey has privately told PA GOP that he is running. Obliviously things could change, but his expectation is that the state GOP is going to back him without question.

PA Gov salary is $194,850
    Toomey’s base salary is $174,000 - in 2012, his net worth was just a hair under $3M

At those numbers, with all the extras (benefits, per diem, expense account, gov vehicles etc) it’s relatively negligible. It’s about status, power etc.

I’m not sure about what LBaker is saying about Turzai. I thought he was pretty solid. I did a little extra looking in his voting record and I did see a yes vote on one of the red flag style bills, but his history is much more pro gun than anti. Certainly not a Toomey record.

If I’m mistaken about Turzai, I’d like to be shown the light.
    When we were pushing the preemption bill the leftist offered over 140 amendments to kill the bill. Turzai had the ability to scrub the amendments and run the bill. He didn't. Last session when he was pushing the so called domestic violence bill his own party did the same, proposed amendments to the bill, he scrubbed them all and ran it. HB2060. Just one example. He's given us nothing for years now...

Sadly I thnk most of hte nation is heading that way and its not so much politics as it is demographics and groups who vote because "Da democrats is fur us and da republicans is against us" Now there was a time when catholics would not vote republican but trump won the catholic vote and much of that vote is latino. I would not say it cant be done and the nail is in our coffin, but I do think honestly that there is going to be race or class conflict coming and I do not think its conservatives that will start it but I think we will finish it. I mean they have different political factions in places like venzuala but we just need to make sure we are not disarmed. I am not sure what t think, but the person about pa becoming like NY has a point, but notice VA did first. Seems there is much more hope for PA and others stats may get more red as states get more "diverse" i mean minnesota and PA had not gone red in years since the 80s 0r maybe early 90s but think of it. Some "groups" rioting, robing and raping and seeing so much anti-cop sentiment from democrats turn some people away from them. You can only pander with amnesty for the brown vote and soft on crime for the black vote for so long. Yeah there is the union vote but some of that is even slipping away.
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

(Bucks County)

I think you are dead wrong on the weather. When my folks first moved here from Pittsburgh back in 82, my Mom commented how nice it was here. I was in California in USAF. I went to High School south of Pittsburgh and had never been to eastern PA and had no real WANT to either.
    Mom said Philly area gets, on average, about 100 days/year more of total sunshine than Pittsburgh does. I’ve looked into it, and it is a true statement. Sure, it’s no San Diego/wonderful weather every day of the year, but it’s nice! In fact, it’s a wonder the suicide rate isn’t higher in Pittsburgh with all the dismal weather days they get. Pittsburgh has its high points too. Given my choice, I’d have stayed in Pittsburgh. Probably still be driving a rusted out 67 Chevy pickup, and working for half the money I make here.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Do you have any source on that?

I can't imagine a do-nothing US Senator would want to take a job that actually requires work and probably pays less.
    A childhood friend of mine works for the Pennsylvania Republican Party. He said Toomey is going to run for Governor. I told my friend fuck Toomey and I will not vote for him. I said Toomey is not winnable.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast