Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Carry in Deleware

When I'm not working this summer I hope to be down in Lewes Deleware fishing and not paying sales tax. What do I need to CC down there? Should or can I get an out of state license down there, or should I get another state license that has reciprocity with DE? Anything different from PA that I should be aware of? What about OC?

And also is there anything weird about Deleware and carrying on a boat? What about out having firearms in federal waters off shore? Anything different there?

Thanks!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Carry in Deleware

i don't know the answers to most of your questions...and i'm not sure if DE issues non-resident permits.

however, i do know that you can get a utah non-resident permit, and it is honored in DE.

Quote Originally Posted by offshorebear View Post
    When I'm not working this summer I hope to be down in Lewes Deleware fishing and not paying sales tax. What do I need to CC down there? Should or can I get an out of state license down there, or should I get another state license that has reciprocity with DE? Anything different from PA that I should be aware of? What about OC?

And also is there anything weird about Deleware and carrying on a boat? What about out having firearms in federal waters off shore? Anything different there?

Thanks!
    Delaware does not issue non-resident permits. Your best bet would be a Utah or Florida permit if you wish to conceal. Open carry is lawful, but not common and the laws are a bit anomalous... State parks and wildlife reserves are currently off limits, plus there are a few other state, county and city ordinances that we're currently researching (a good deal of which are illegal).

Feel free to stop over at Delaware Open Carry for more info about Concealed or Open carry -- got a bunch of bright guys over there who can generally find and cite law if you give the specifics.

Last edited by Wynder; April 14th, 2008 at 04:45 PM.

(Montgomery County)

I carry there with a Florida permit. I've gotten out of my car in a gas station and gone into the quickemart to get food forgetting I was still OCing from PA. Nobody ever said a word. There were 2 cop cars parked out front with cops hanging out and 1 cop was inside the store. Not a single comment or even weird glance that I noticed.

(Delaware County)

I've OC'd in the Delaware rest stop on 95 multiple times without any issues. I use my FL concealed weapon or firearm license to CC in Delaware.