Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Bad experience with Beretta customer service

Hi everyone,

I purchased a Beretta Nano last week and took it to the range to try out and within the 1st 30 rounds I got five FTE. I was using the 115gr Winchester white box which I know is cheap ammo but thats all I can get at time to burn in the range. So I called Beretta and basically I was told that the Nano can only take 124gr to 145gr ammo and to my amazement the rep who's name is Tom terminated my phone call when I told him it doesn't say in the manual that I have to use the more expensive & heavy ammo. So I called back to see if maybe I can speak to someone else and the same guy picked up and terminated my call again. I was not mean to him or rude. I spoke to him calmly & polite. I didn't expect that from Beretta C service. Don't know what else to do but to sell it and wait for the M&P shield.

Default Re: Bad experience with Beretta customer service

File a complaint. Thats all i can think of.

(Montgomery County)

I would write a letter to Berretta with the day and time and who you spoke to and how you were treated. See what they have to say after that.

I would write to them but to be honest with you I only purchase the nano because I was trying since November of last year to get my hands on the m&p shield. After that experience I think I'll just get rid of it. I'll roll with my full size m&p until then. Shame on me for not doing my research on the nano.

(Mercer County)

Go on a Beretta forum. I'm sure they'll be able to point you in the right direction. That's unacceptable.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Allegheny County)

My Nano broke in half while firing after 2K due to a faulty takedown lever. Their service was top notch. That said, the Nano does tend to suck with lighter weight bullets, and many Nanos just plain hate WWB ammo.
    Call them back and complain to a supervisor about the service you received. If you get your Nano in to them, they will likely replace the extractor and polish the chamber, etc. Seems this fixes the problems for most Nano users!

I will call tomorrow to see if I can speak to a supervisor and tell him what happened But I think I'm still going to get rid of it. I don't know if I can trust the Nano with my life... Like I said before shame on me for not doing my research.

(Allegheny County)

I had a Shield for awhile too and it's good for its size, ran all bullet weights just fine. Some Shield users have reported sporadic extraction issues with certain ammo, even though this wasn't my experience. Many of the semi autos in this size category just seem picky I guess you could say.

Quote Originally Posted by Stv1 View Post
    I was using the 115gr Winchester white box which I know is cheap ammo but thats all I can get at
    Quote Originally Posted by Stv1 View Post
    I will call tomorrow to see if I can speak to a supervisor and tell him what happened But I think I'm still going to get rid of it. I don't know if I can trust the Nano with my life... Like I said before shame on me for not doing my research.
    You don't like to hear it and I sure as hell hate to say it 'cause I don't believe in it, at all. Some guns are just stiff when they are new and need to be either shot or hand racked a bunch to loosen them up some. In a perfect world, guns would run 100% from the get go just like a new car or toaster. WWB isn't expensive, but it is good ammo. It is the only cheap ammo I use for 50 yd slow fire trigger practice. Hand rack the thing 3 or 400 times and try again before making your final decision. The Nano is a very good pistol. Hate you got sloppy service from Beretta. That doesn't happen often, and they've been more than professional when asking them questions about my A400 semi SG.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Chester County)

Back in December, while browsing Beretta's website, they had magazines for my Beretta 92 FS listed as being in stock, so I ordered 2 of them.

Two weeks later, I log onto Beretta's website with my customer ID to check the status of my order. It hadn't changed in 2 weeks. I called customer service, gave them my order number, and the woman ever so calmly told me that my order was canceled. I asked why my order was canceled, and she told me that they didn't have the mags in stock, so they just canceled my order.

They never bothered to notify me of this cancellation, no e-mail, nothing.

I've been waiting for a $50 rebate for a Beretta gun I bought back in December.

Almost every gun store that I've mentioned this to has told me that Beretta has the absolute worst customer service.

As for the Nano, I tested one of those, along with a Ruger LC9 , and a Glock 26 .
    I liked the Glock the best.

I ended up buying a Glock 27 (40 cal), and bought a Lone Wolf conversion barrel and two 9 mm mags, allowing me to shoot both 40 and 9 mm with the 27.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast