Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Thumbs down Anyone familiar with this State Rep Haggerty.................(clown)?

I found this on Penn Live today in the letters to the editor. Now I don't always agree with the NRA, but this clown seems he's just way out there. Glad he's not my rep.................http://www.pennlive.com/opinion/inde..._more_business

(York County)

Default Re: Anyone familiar with this State Rep Haggerty.................(clown)?

I'm thinking April 23rd Mr.Haggerty might be getting a visit from some of us in the capital during our rally.

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs down Re: Anyone familiar with this State Rep Haggerty.................(clown)?

Never heard of him, but his comments follow a true "anti's" view. OK, yea, the NRA is just interested in selling firearms. I don't agree, but they are pushing memberships, which is a good thing. Now we need the NRA members to do their part. Write, call, email and vote.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Anyone familiar with this State Rep Haggerty.................(clown)?

I'm sorry to say that he is my Rep. and he like the last rep. Ken Smith were elected by the over abundance of FUDDS & DUDS that make up my district.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Lackawanna County)

I'm in the midst of a pissing contest with him right now.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Chester County)

D-Lackawanna
    Imagine that, he has a big government solution rather than private sector common sense.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Beaver County)

I guess we have to vote for him to find out what his plan is??? Or what we are funding?

And does anyone have more information on this part?

Asa Hutchinson, director of the NRA’s project to arm school staff, awkwardly made an attempt to give school superintendents and school boards the ability to decide which staffers should be trained to carry a gun in school. Really? How nice of the NRA to allow the leaders of independent school districts to pick which staff would carry weapons in their own schools.
    Specifically what was awkward about his attempt?

And I also wanted to point out that I think a "Math teacher with 40 hours of training" would be well qualified at that point. I'm not well versed on the subject but I'd say that is probably more training than your average cop gets relating specifically to firearms and active shooter situations. I'd definitely say that's more than your average armed citizen whom may one take 1-2 classes ever.
    Last edited by spartakis252; April 10th, 2013 at 02:01 AM.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by birdhunter317 View Post
    I'm thinking April 23rd Mr.Haggerty might be getting a visit from some of us in the capital during our rally.
    Not just a handful of people but a boat load standing in his office and out in the hall. We should signal out people like Haggarty and any others with mass. We usually break down into small groups and visit our reps but I say this time lets travel as a mob and visit any anti rep we can. It would make a great visual effect.

(Lackawanna County)

He is a good example of an "I'm a gun owner and strong 2nd amendment supporter.... but..."

The very first thing I read from Haggerty after he was elected was this:

"I'm 100 percent for getting rid of assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition clips," said Rep.-elect Kevin Haggerty, D-112, when asked about the possibility of a statewide ban in Pennsylvania. "They're made for war. These are killing machines and they don't belong in the hands of people like the shooter in Newtown, Connecticut."

taken from this article...

(Luzerne County)

A quick check of his criminal history will tell you all you need to know. He may support owning a gun, but he is not allowed to carry one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast