Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Group Buy for BCS Cumberbund Plate Carrier.......

Just received my tracking number!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA86 View Post
    I'm sure its too late to change but I saw that Mandrake Camo in the other and it looks awesome!
    You mean THIS mandrake AR500 cumber plate carrier?

It's nice.

(Northampton County)

Well, I just received my plate carrier and it's extremely well built as others have stated, but it's not all roses . . . I read somewhere a while back of someone complaining about not receiving the necessary MOLLE straps to connect the side plate pouches to the cumberbund, and now I unfortunately know exactly what they meant. The MOLLE straps you need to complete the rig are NOT included! You can load up the front and rear carriers with your plates (which fit great), but then just look at your filled side carriers sit on the table. BCS either needs to increase the price of the side pouches and actually include everything you need, or at the very least have a disclaimer on the product page stating that x# of MOLLE straps must be purchased separately to complete the carrier. Waiting quite a while to complete this set and then being sent only part of what I needed was very disappointing.

For anyone curious, the entire rig (minus the MOLLE straps I still need) weighs in at 27.7 lbs. (with 6x8 side plates)
    Last edited by BionicMan; April 24th, 2013 at 04:33 PM.

havent gotten a shipping notification yet
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by BionicMan View Post
    Well, I just received my plate carrier and it's extremely well built as others have stated, but it's not all roses . . . I read somewhere a while back of someone complaining about not receiving the necessary MOLLE straps to connect the side plate pouches to the cumberbund, and now I unfortunately know exactly what they meant. The MOLLE straps you need to complete the rig are NOT included! You can load up the front and rear carriers with your plates (which fit great), but then just look at your filled side carriers sit on the table. BCS either needs to increase the price of the side pouches and actually include everything you need, or at the very least have a disclaimer on the product page stating that x# of MOLLE straps must be purchased separately to complete the carrier. Waiting quite a while to complete this set and then being sent only part of what I needed was very disappointing.

For anyone curious, the entire rig (minus the MOLLE straps I still need) weighs in at 27.7 lbs. (with 6x8 side plates)
    The alice clips are generally not included in the PC group buy. Please send a not to BCS informing them of your interest in having the clips added to the rig. They will listen to what you have to say.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    The alice clips are generally not included in the PC group buy. Please send a not to BCS informing them of your interest in having the clips added to the rig. They will listen to what you have to say.
    I'll do that. From what you're saying, it sounds like the MOLLE straps/malice clips are generally included on non-GB purchases, is that accurate?

Edit: After attempting to get through to BCS a few times via phone, I decided to just send them an email with my thoughts. Should be interesting to see if I get any response.
    Last edited by BionicMan; April 25th, 2013 at 01:30 PM.

(Northampton County)

Anyone that missed out on the last GB may be interested in this:

http://www.beezcombatsystems.com/Dis...Discounted.htm

(Northampton County)

After attempting to get through to BCS a few times via phone, I decided to just send them an email with my thoughts. Should be interesting to see if I get any response.
    I received a response from BCS surprisingly quickly. They agreed with my suggestion, and stated that they will be updating their website to note that the required MOLLE straps/malice clips are NOT included. Anyone that got side pouches, it's up to you to determine your preferred way to mount them.

. . . anybody have suggestions for good MOLLE straps or malice clips?

(Northampton County)

I'm pleased to present the first photo of a finished rig from this GB. I went with black and all of the bells and whistles. (shoulder pads, chest/back pads, and the 6x8 side pockets)

Fully loaded, this monster comes in at 33.6 lbs . . . not for the faint of heart.
    My carrier is loaded with:
    1x Targetman 12"x10" formed, coated AR500 plate
    1x Targetman 12"x10" flat, coated AR500 plate
    2x Targetman 6"x8" formed, coated AR500 plate (mounted with Blackhawk Speed Clips purchased separately)
    4x 30rd PMag
    4x 18rd Sig P226 mag
    14rds of .308 in left side pouch
    First aid kit in 6"x6" rear mounted pouch

I'm 6'-0", 175lbs, and this setup gives me very good coverage. Once strapped on, the only major annoyance is the side plates sagging and the Blackhawk clips poking me in the side. I'm either going to stitch the cumberbund to the carrier in the back to tack it up, or use the method that this guy devised:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc33vTAN5Rs

Besides the sagging side pockets, the only other thing I would change is the pads. Now I'm nitpicking here, but it would be nice if particularly the shoulder pads were more substantial, or perhaps had a gel insert for additional comfort. 15 years ago when I was in school, I had a fairly inexpensive book bag with gel insert shoulder straps that would comfortably accommodate a 30lb load, so it wouldn't be hard or expensive to improve the pads on this rig.

Hopefully Beez doesn't take offense to my thoughts, as a product designer myself, I can be rather critical. All in all, it's an extremely well built product for a fair price. I have no doubt that once my friends see it, they'll be ordering their own.

(Delaware County)

I'm pleased to present the first photo of a finished rig from this GB. I went with black and all of the bells and whistles. (shoulder pads, chest/back pads, and the 6x8 side pockets)

Fully loaded, this monster comes in at 33.6 lbs . . . not for the faint of heart.
    My carrier is loaded with:
    1x Targetman 12"x10" formed, coated AR500 plate
    1x Targetman 12"x10" flat, coated AR500 plate
    2x Targetman 6"x8" formed, coated AR500 plate (mounted with Blackhawk Speed Clips purchased separately)
    4x 30rd PMag
    4x 18rd Sig P226 mag
    14rds of .308 in left side pouch
    First aid kit in 6"x6" rear mounted pouch

I'm 6'-0", 175lbs, and this setup gives me very good coverage. Once strapped on, the only major annoyance is the side plates sagging and the Blackhawk clips poking me in the side. I'm either going to stitch the cumberbund to the carrier in the back to tack it up, or use the method that this guy devised:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc33vTAN5Rs

Besides the sagging side pockets, the only other thing I would change is the pads. Now I'm nitpicking here, but it would be nice if particularly the shoulder pads were more substantial, or perhaps had a gel insert for additional comfort. 15 years ago when I was in school, I had a fairly inexpensive book bag with gel insert shoulder straps that would comfortably accommodate a 30lb load, so it wouldn't be hard or expensive to improve the pads on this rig.

Hopefully Beez doesn't take offense to my thoughts, as a product designer myself, I can be rather critical. All in all, it's an extremely well built product for a fair price. I have no doubt that once my friends see it, they'll be ordering their own.

BCS appreciates any kind of constructive criticism. Its what drives them to make a better product.

Please leave a review and feedback on their site when you have a few minutes. The reviews and feedback really do mean a lot to them. it actually not only helps drive their business, it helpd make their products better.

Thanks for your participation in these group buys. Let me know what else you might be looking to do a group buy on.

Renov8

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast